Whatever happened to.............

Strut10

Whatever happened to some of the big names we used to see on outdoor TV shows?? Some seemed to have just fell off the face of the earth. Where's:

Mark Scroggins of The Fever ?? I know there was a split between him & his Mrs. But that's happened to lots of TV folk.

Cindy Garrison from Get Wild on ESPN ?? She was riding a big-time TV wave and had been named the NWTF's spokeswoman for Women in the Outdoors. Then gone.......

Chuck Jones ?? Former co-host with Walter Parrott on Knight & Hale's Ultimate Hunting. We've still got Walter, Harold and David. But nobody's mentioned Chuck.

Where'd they go ??

I used to like to watch the show with Paul Newsom on it...then I never saw the show on. Then a month or so ago this year they had a thing on TOC about him, had never realized he'd died of cancer...

I did not know that. Paul hosted a lot of shows over the years. :(

i don't know for sure. those shows are a real challenge to a family. lots of time gone, great expenses, and funds are tight all over in this economy. sponsors are cutting back and the costs are rising.

That's what I was thinking too Steve. It's not just the time you spend in the woods making videos either. They have other commitments to make shows & appearances for their sponsors or whatever. There's probably less than a handfull that happen to live where they do most of their hunting and get their families involved in their shows.

I don't know, but it sure seems that anyone that has a camera thinks they're a professional hunter anymore. Geez, some of these shows are horrible.

Isn't that the truth!!!