New shooter on the way !!!!

Strut10

Figured it was finally time to upgrade.

I've been using a Sony 3.2MP point & shoot for the last 10 years or so. It was actually state-of-the-art when I got it and it still does a really nice job. But over the weekend I was talking to a cousin at the family reunion. He does some pro work and had the backup camera to his DSLR's with him. Freakin' amazing how far (and inexpensively) technology has come since my 3.2 P&S. This camera does things I'll never be able to figure out. But it also works basically in P&S mode for dummies like me. I figured I was holding a $1500 camera. When he told me the price, I said "I'm gonna have one of these".

Just got done ordering it. Can't wait for it to get here !!

DSC-HX100V/B | Cyber-shot® Digital Camera HX100V | Sony | Sony Style USA

That looks like a real nice camera Don. Bought my minolta dslr right before sony introduced their dslr line. Been pretty happy with the minolta, but kinda wish I had waited and got a higher mp camera. Mine is only 6.1 mp, I think I spent a little more than that and did not get a lens.

Doesn't take long for them to be outdated these days.

True that.

Computers, cameras, camcorders, compound bows ........... seems you order one and before it comes in, a newer, faster one has come out.

Just checked my order status. Camera is backordered. Woulda been nice for them to have mentioned that somewhere along with the item description.

I have an older Sony Cybershot that's been slowly breaking down over the past 2 years. We just bought a Canon for the family so my son could have something to take on his "out West" trip. The Sony was 4 mp about 10 years ago and cost $250. The new Canon is 10 mp and cost $150.

Buy any kind of technology these days and they should issue you a "sucker" sticker with your purchase to put on your forehead. :D

I have an older Sony Cybershot that's been slowly breaking down over the past 2 years. We just bought a Canon for the family so my son could have something to take on his "out West" trip. The Sony was 4 mp about 10 years ago and cost $250. The new Canon is 10 mp and cost $150.

Buy any kind of technology these days and they should issue you a "sucker" sticker with your purchase to put on your forehead. :D

That's what I'm replacing...........an old Sony CyberShot (DSC-P71) 3.2 MP job. It still works like a dream. Takes really nice pics for what it is. It'll become my truck/backpack "beater" camera.

True that, the "sucker" sticker. Guess what ya gotta do is determine where in the technology curve you can A: afford to place yourself and B: be happy to reside for the next 10 years while tech goes flying on by you, then C: just do it and be happy.