Tires!!

Had a tire suffer a catastrophic cut on a rock last weekend, and now I have three tires the same, and one different, which just bothers me. The stock tires are Goodyear Wranglers, and have 20,000 miles. I'm just kinds looking around to see what is out there in an All Terrain. I REALLY need something good in snow and sand, and so so in mud. Read some reviews on the Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Falken Rocky Mountain AT's. The Nittos, just as I expected, seem to wear alot faster, but from tghe reviews, this was more common on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Anyone have any exp with these two tires? I know some have spoke highly of the BF Goodrich AT's also. Not in a rush to buy, but will be in Oct probably

Love my BFG All Terrains. I'm rolling on roughly 55K on them and I've probably got another 25-30K left in them I'd guess. I've had them rotated regularly and the tire wear has been really good. They've been good in the snow and in the mud I've driven in here in Illinois. I'll definitely put them on again when it's time for new tires.

I had a set of 33" terra grapplers on a Dodge I had a few years ago. They were a solid all around tire, and did surprisingly good in the mud. I sold the truck to a buddy, and when he needed new tires he replaced them with the exact same tire. Got 50,000 miles out of both sets, which is pretty good for an oversized all terrain tire, and Discount Tire Direct has them priced pretty good.

I was curious about the Falkens myself. I plan on putting a suspension lift on my Ford in the spring, and was thinking about putting a set of these on.

I was curious about the Falkens myself. I plan on putting a suspension lift on my Ford in the spring, and was thinking about putting a set of these on.

I actually looked at a set of 10-ply falkens this weekend and WOW.. big difference.

I run Bridgestone Duelers on my farm truck (F150) but they are about gone. I was going back with the bridgestone until a local tire company told me to look at the falken 10 ply. They are roughly the same price but the sidewall and overall tire are WAY heavier.

I like Bridgestone but after picking up the Falken I know where my money is headed. Its going to cost me, about $680, but I see then last FAR longer than anything else I have ever ran on a truck and they should handle a load a lot better.

If I had a 4x4 I'd probably run BFG All Terrain, Michelin LTX AT2 are also a nice tire. I hate goodyear tires, especially the Wrangler ST that come on a lot of the newer GM 1/2 ton trucks. Freaking useless. Maybe if you drove 100% highway but they suck off the pavement. We have an acronym for "ST", I'm sure you can figure it out.:shifty:

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty I am partial to Cooper tires. Especially the Discoverer M&S series. I run these year round on all three of my vehicles. The standard load tires ride very well and are super quiet. Mileage is 40-45,000 and still useable. The load range D & E seem to last a little longer but ride a little stiffer. Of course the heavier load ranges are a little stronger but they are obviously more expensive. I personally give up a little mileage for a more friendly and quieter ride.

I have two fleet accounts which buy these tires for all their trucks. Many of the drivers have come in and bought these tires for their personal trucks after driving the company trucks with the Coopers on them.

Lynn

I'm a Mickey Thompson fan......I know your not wanting mud tires, but I ran a set of bajas over 30k miles. Granted I rotated them religiously, but I'd imagine if a mud tire can give me 30k then their ATZ outta be able to do 40-50k no problem. They're on the pricy side....but worth every penny in my opinion.

dependable consolidation

1. What is a reverse mortgage? A reverse mortgagereverse mortgage guidelines is a special type of home loan that lets you convert a portion of the equity in your home into cash. The equity that built up over years of home mortgage payments can be paid to you. But unlike a traditional home equity loan or second mortgage, no repayment is required until the borrower(s) no longer use the home as their principal residence or fail to meet the obligations of the mortgage. You can also use a HECM to purchase a primary residence if you are able to use cash on hand to pay the difference between the HECM proceeds and the sales price plus closing costs for the property you are purchasing. 2. Can I qualify for FHA's HECM reverse mortgage? To be eligible for a FHA HECM, the FHA requires that you be a homeowner 62 years of age or older, own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the reverse loan, and you must live in the home. You are also required to receive consumer information free or at very low cost from a HECM counselor prior to obtaining the loan. You can find a HECM counselor online or by phoning (800) 569-4287. 3. Can I apply if I didn't buy my present house with FHA mortgage insurance? Yes. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy it with an FHA-insured mortgage. Your new FHA HECM will be FHA-insured. 4. What types of homes are eligible? To be eligible for the FHA HECM, your home must be a single family home or a 1-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible. 5. What's the difference between a reverse mortgage and a bank home equity loan? With a traditional second mortgage, or a home equity line of credit, you must have sufficient income versus debt ratio to qualify for the loan, and you are required to make monthly mortgage payments. The reverse mortgage is different in that it pays you, and is available regardless of your current income. The amount you can borrow depends on your age, the current interest rate, and the appraised value of your home, sales price or FHA's mortgage limits, whichever is less. Generally, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, the lower the interest, the more you may borrow. With a HECM, you don't make monthly principal and interest payments, the lender pays you according to the payment plan you select. Like all homeowners, you still are required to pay your real estate taxes, insurance and other conventional payments like utilities. With an FHA HECM you cannot be foreclosed or forced to vacate your house because you "missed your mortgage payment." 6. Will I still have an estate that I can leave to my heirs? When you sell your home, you or your estate will repay the cash you received from the reverse mortgage plus interest and other fees, to the lender. The remaining equity in your home, if any, belongs to you or to your heirs. 7. How much money can I get from my home? The amount you can borrow depends on: Age of the youngest borrower Current interest rate Lesser of the appraised value of your home, the HECM FHA mortgage limit for your area or the sales price The initial Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) option you choose (2% HECM Standard option or .01% HECM Saver option) You can borrow more with the HECM Standard option. Also, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, and the lower the interest rate, the more you can borrow. If there is more than one borrower, the age of the youngest borrower is used to determine the amount you can borrow. For an estimate of HECM cash benefits, select an online calculator from the HECM Home Page. You can use an like the one on the AARP website to get an idea of what you may be able to borrow. 8. Should I use an estate planning service to find a reverse mortgage? FHA does NOT recommend using any service that charges a fee for referring a borrower to an FHA lender. FHA provides this information free, and HECM housing counselors are available for free or at very low cost, to provide information, counseling, and a free referral to a list of FHA-approved lenders. Search online or call (800) 569-4287 toll-free, for the name and location of a HUD-approved housing counseling agency near you. 9. How do I receive my payments? You have five options: Tenure - equal monthly payments as long as at least one borrower lives and continues to occupy the property as a principal residence. Term - equal monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected. Line of Credit - unscheduled payments or installments, at times and in amounts of your choosing until the line of credit is exhausted. Modified Tenure - combination of line of credit with monthly payments for as long as you remain in the home. Modified Term - combination of line of credit plus monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected by the borrower. nj reverse mortgage1. What is a reverse mortgage? A reverse mortgage is a special type of home loan that lets you convert a portion of the equity in your home into cash. The equity that built up over years of home mortgage payments can be paid to you. But unlike a traditional home equity loan or second mortgage, no repayment is required until the borrower(s) no longer use the home as their principal residence or fail to meet the obligations of the mortgage. You can also use a HECM to purchase a primary residence if you are able to use cash on hand to pay the difference between the HECM proceeds and the sales price plus closing costs for the property you are purchasing. 2. Can I qualify for FHA's HECM reverse mortgage? To be eligible for a FHA HECM, the FHA requires that you be a homeowner 62 years of age or older, own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the reverse loan, and you must live in the home. You are also required to receive consumer information free or at very low cost from a HECM counselor prior to obtaining the loan. You can find a HECM counselor online or by phoning (800) 569-4287. 3. Can I apply if I didn't buy my present house with FHA mortgage insurance? Yes. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy it with an FHA-insured mortgage. Your new FHA HECM will be FHA-insured. 4. What types of homes are eligible? To be eligible for the FHA HECM, your home must be a single family home or a 1-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible. 5. What's the difference between a reverse mortgage and a bank home equity loan? With a traditional second mortgage, or a home equity line of credit, you must have sufficient income versus debt ratio to qualify for the loan, and you are required to make monthly mortgage payments. The reverse mortgage is different in that it pays you, and is available regardless of your current income. The amount you can borrow depends on your age, the current interest rate, and the appraised value of your home, sales price or FHA's mortgage limits, whichever is less. Generally, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, the lower the interest, the more you may borrow. With a HECM, you don't make monthly principal and interest payments, the lender pays you according to the payment plan you select. Like all homeowners, you still are required to pay your real estate taxes, insurance and other conventional payments like utilities. With an FHA HECM you cannot be foreclosed or forced to vacate your house because you "missed your mortgage payment." 6. Will I still have an estate that I can leave to my heirs? When you sell your home, you or your estate will repay the cash you received from the reverse mortgage plus interest and other fees, to the lender. The remaining equity in your home, if any, belongs to you or to your heirs. 7. How much money can I get from my home? The amount you can borrow depends on: Age of the youngest borrower Current interest rate Lesser of the appraised value of your home, the HECM FHA mortgage limit for your area or the sales price The initial Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) option you choose (2% HECM Standard option or .01% HECM Saver option) You can borrow more with the HECM Standard option. Also, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, and the lower the interest rate, the more you can borrow. If there is more than one borrower, the age of the youngest borrower is used to determine the amount you can borrow. For an estimate of HECM cash benefits, select an online calculator from the HECM Home Page. You can use an like the one on the AARP website to get an idea of what you may be able to borrow. 8. Should I use an estate planning service to find a reverse mortgage? FHA does NOT recommend using any service that charges a fee for referring a borrower to an FHA lender. FHA provides this information free, and HECM housing counselors are available for free or at very low cost, to provide information, counseling, and a free referral to a list of FHA-approved lenders. Search online or call (800) 569-4287 toll-free, for the name and location of a HUD-approved housing counseling agency near you. 9. How do I receive my payments? You have five options: Tenure - equa nevada reverse mortgagel monthly payments as long as at least one borrower lives and continues to occupy the property as a principal residence. Term - equal monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected. Line of Credit - unscheduled payments or installments, at times and in amounts of your choosing until the line of credit is exhausted. Modified Tenure - combination of line of credit with monthly payments for as long as you remain in the home. Modified Term - combination of line of credit plus monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected by the borrower.

difficulties selection

1. What is a reverse mortgage? A reverse mortgage how reverse mortgage works is a special type of home loan that lets you convert a portion of the equity in your home into cash. The equity that built up over years of home mortgage payments can be paid to you. But unlike a traditional home equity loan or second mortgage, no repayment is required until the borrower(s) no longer use the home as their principal residence or fail to meet the obligations of the mortgage. You can also use a HECM to purchase a primary residence if you are able to use cash on hand to pay the difference between the HECM proceeds and the sales price plus closing costs for the property you are purchasing. 2. Can I qualify for FHA's HECM reverse mortgage? To be eligible for a FHA HECM, the FHA requires that you be a homeowner 62 years of age or older, own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the reverse loan, and you must live in the home. You are also required to receive consumer information free or at very low cost from a HECM counselor prior to obtaining the loan. You can find a HECM counselor online or by phoning (800) 569-4287. 3. Can I apply if I didn't buy my present house with FHA mortgage insurance? Yes. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy it with an FHA-insured mortgage. Your new FHA HECM will be FHA-insured. 4. What types of homes are eligible? To be eligible for the FHA HECM, your home must be a single family home or a 1-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible. 5. What's the difference between a reverse mortgage and a bank home equity loan? With a traditional second mortgage, or a home equity line of credit, you must have sufficient income versus debt ratio to qualify for the loan, and you are required to make monthly mortgage payments. The reverse mortgage is different in that it pays you, and is available regardless of your current income. The amount you can borrow depends on your age, the current interest rate, and the appraised value of your home, sales price or FHA's mortgage limits, whichever is less. Generally, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, the lower the interest, the more you may borrow. With a HECM, you don't make monthly principal and interest payments, the lender pays you according to the payment plan you select. Like all homeowners, you still are required to pay your real estate taxes, insurance and other conventional payments like utilities. With an FHA HECM you cannot be foreclosed or forced to vacate your house because you "missed your mortgage payment." 6. Will I still have an estate that I can leave to my heirs? When you sell your home, you or your estate will repay the cash you received from the reverse mortgage plus interest and other fees, to the lender. The remaining equity in your home, if any, belongs to you or to your heirs. 7. How much money can I get from my home? The amount you can borrow depends on: Age of the youngest borrower Current interest rate Lesser of the appraised value of your home, the HECM FHA mortgage limit for your area or the sales price The initial Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) option you choose (2% HECM Standard option or .01% HECM Saver option) You can borrow more with the HECM Standard option. Also, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, and the lower the interest rate, the more you can borrow. If there is more than one borrower, the age of the youngest borrower is used to determine the amount you can borrow. For an estimate of HECM cash benefits, select an online calculator from the HECM Home Page. You can use an like the one on the AARP website to get an idea of what you may be able to borrow. 8. Should I use an estate planning service to find a reverse mortgage? FHA does NOT recommend using any service that charges a fee for referring a borrower to an FHA lender. FHA provides this information free, and HECM housing counselors are available for free or at very low cost, to provide information, counseling, and a free referral to a list of FHA-approved lenders. Search online or call (800) 569-4287 toll-free, for the name and location of a HUD-approved housing counseling agency near you. 9. How do I receive my payments? You have five options: Tenure - equal monthly payments as long as at least one borrower lives and continues to occupy the property as a principal residence. Term - equal monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected. Line of Credit - unscheduled payments or installments, at times and in amounts of your choosing until the line of credit is exhausted. Modified Tenure - combination of line of credit with monthly payments for as long as you remain in the home. Modified Term - combination of line of credit plus monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected by the borrower. second mortgage1. What is a reverse mortgage? A reverse mortgage is a special type of home loan that lets you convert a portion of the equity in your home into cash. The equity that built up over years of home mortgage payments can be paid to you. But unlike a traditional home equity loan or second mortgage, no repayment is required until the borrower(s) no longer use the home as their principal residence or fail to meet the obligations of the mortgage. You can also use a HECM to purchase a primary residence if you are able to use cash on hand to pay the difference between the HECM proceeds and the sales price plus closing costs for the property you are purchasing. 2. Can I qualify for FHA's HECM reverse mortgage? To be eligible for a FHA HECM, the FHA requires that you be a homeowner 62 years of age or older, own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the reverse loan, and you must live in the home. You are also required to receive consumer information free or at very low cost from a HECM counselor prior to obtaining the loan. You can find a HECM counselor online or by phoning (800) 569-4287. 3. Can I apply if I didn't buy my present house with FHA mortgage insurance? Yes. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy it with an FHA-insured mortgage. Your new FHA HECM will be FHA-insured. 4. What types of homes are eligible? To be eligible for the FHA HECM, your home must be a single family home or a 1-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible. 5. What's the difference between a reverse mortgage and a bank home equity loan? With a traditional second mortgage, or a home equity line of credit, you must have sufficient income versus debt ratio to qualify for the loan, and you are required to make monthly mortgage payments. The reverse mortgage is different in that it pays you, and is available regardless of your current income. The amount you can borrow depends on your age, the current interest rate, and the appraised value of your home, sales price or FHA's mortgage limits, whichever is less. Generally, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, the lower the interest, the more you may borrow. With a HECM, you don't make monthly principal and interest payments, the lender pays you according to the payment plan you select. Like all homeowners, you still are required to pay your real estate taxes, insurance and other conventional payments like utilities. With an FHA HECM you cannot be foreclosed or forced to vacate your house because you "missed your mortgage payment." 6. Will I still have an estate that I can leave to my heirs? When you sell your home, you or your estate will repay the cash you received from the reverse mortgage plus interest and other fees, to the lender. The remaining equity in your home, if any, belongs to you or to your heirs. 7. How much money can I get from my home? The amount you can borrow depends on: Age of the youngest borrower Current interest rate Lesser of the appraised value of your home, the HECM FHA mortgage limit for your area or the sales price The initial Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) option you choose (2% HECM Standard option or .01% HECM Saver option) You can borrow more with the HECM Standard option. Also, the more valuable your home is, the older you are, and the lower the interest rate, the more you can borrow. If there is more than one borrower, the age of the youngest borrower is used to determine the amount you can borrow. For an estimate of HECM cash benefits, select an online calculator from the HECM Home Page. You can use an like the one on the AARP website to get an idea of what you may be able to borrow. 8. Should I use an estate planning service to find a reverse mortgage? FHA does NOT recommend using any service that charges a fee for referring a borrower to an FHA lender. FHA provides this information free, and HECM housing counselors are available for free or at very low cost, to provide information, counseling, and a free referral to a list of FHA-approved lenders. Search online or call (800) 569-4287 toll-free, for the name and location of a HUD-approved housing counseling agency near you. 9. How do I receive my payments? You have five options: Tenure - equa home mortgage calculatorl monthly payments as long as at least one borrower lives and continues to occupy the property as a principal residence. Term - equal monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected. Line of Credit - unscheduled payments or installments, at times and in amounts of your choosing until the line of credit is exhausted. Modified Tenure - combination of line of credit with monthly payments for as long as you remain in the home. Modified Term - combination of line of credit plus monthly payments for a fixed period of months selected by the borrower.

I put a set of Terra Grapplers on my truck about 10k miles ago. Shortly after putting them on we took a trip to the Outer Banks and stayed in the four wheel drive section and had to drive 10 miles up the beach to get to the house. Never once did I get stuck and I even drove around most of the time in the loose sand in two wheel drive. I had a chance to drive through some mud this past weekend with them and again they maintained great traction the entire time. I ended up paying about $750 for my set installed and an alignment.

I have had a set of General Grabber at2 after having a set of bfg all terrain. The Grabbers's are by far a better tire. I had very low miles on the tires and they had heavy tread loss. I'm not hard on tires dont burn them but I do alot of back roads and trails when hunting. The grabbers have around 20'000 on them and they look almost new. I had them last winter and they kicked butt. They also come with a good waranty and are are going to be on my truck for a long time.