Team 1....Choot'em Crew

jcwa

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy guys. First day of archery season today and the hunting got off to a fast start when my cousin arrowed a bear within the first hour. We were supposed to be after elk with an eye out for any outsize deer when the opportunity for the bear presented itself. That put the elk/deer hunt on hold while we recovered the bear and got it taken care of. Will hit it hard in the morning. Hope everyone has a great season!

I'm here. Just got back from a long weekend at the big ranch I hunt in West Texas. Man is it dry out there, but I did see quite a few deer including one definite shooter buck. He still had velvet on so it was kinda hard to score him, but I'd guesstimate him at 150+. He was with 4 other bucks and none of them would have gone over 130. I've got 2 other smaller places I hunt close to home, but so far I haven't seen much on them. One 10 point that's about 18 inches wide but he's got very short tines so he'll probably get a pass this year.

Good luck to everyone this year. I'm not very good at the creative stuff, but I'll see if I can come up with a couple of ideas for team names.

Pulled the cards from 2 cameras yesterday afternoon. One card was DOA and couldn't be read. The other had a bunch of night time pics of bucks, nothing very impressive. Hoping to see more activity once the temps cool down some. We're still hitting low to mid 90's everyday, but I'll take it over those 105+ temps we had all through July and August.

So do we want to go with Choot 'em Crew for a team name? I think it's pretty cool!