Team 1....Choot'em Crew

jcwa

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job guys !!!!! looks like I'm not the only one have fun. I really thought I was going to upgrade my ten when a a little freak we had been watching for the last 3 years stepped out. He had crossed the pipeline where my son was hunting on the other end of the forty, he texted me that there was a heavy horned buck comeing my way. Ended up being a 7 with some stickers broke off. Still proud of him though. Didn' figure he was gonna make anything more since he was atleast 3 and maybe 4 years old. I shot him with my slug gun 870 Rifled slug barrel, Hornady SST slugs. That slug sure did a number on him. Went about 75yrds and died in a wheat field. First deer I have taken with my shotgun, needed a little more challege. Going after a doe with my Springfield XD Tactical .45 ACP now, and the bow of courseI am now tagged out on bucks and doe and yote hunting now til cat season opens Dec. 1st. Good luck to those who haven't scored on a deer.Texan sounds like you need to take a up up north here, a little better weather up here.

Nov_2011_038.jpg

Nov_2011_038.jpg.94e0e8c1398dc1f224f69dd1ba6355d9.jpg

Wow, some of you guys have been having a great season. Wish I could say the same, but the hunting has been a tough go here. Besides working to much (11 to 13 hour days) with little hunting time, the weather here has not been the best. I did manage to fill my tag on the 20th, a hard earned buck taken while still hunting, but compared to some of the brutes taken by the rest of the team he is not a great scoring deer. Just five points, smallest buck I've taken in the past 30 years, but he should be good eating. I have seen absolutely no sign of an active rut this year and the wolves have been keeping all the game animals on the jumpy side. This weekend is the close of the season and I might get out with the son and daughter to see if we can get them a buck, but everyone of us is fighting colds and coughing our fool heads off so I'm not so sure of our chances. I guess I should get some pics posted so we can add on some more points. Almost forgot to take a picture of the deer and me before butchering and I couldn't believe how tired I look in the picture. I must say our team is doing pretty well. Congratulations to all!

Wow, some of you guys have been having a great season. Wish I could say the same, but the hunting has been a tough go here. Besides working to much (11 to 13 hour days) with little hunting time, the weather here has not been the best. I did manage to fill my tag on the 20th, a hard earned buck taken while still hunting, but compared to some of the brutes taken by the rest of the team he is not a great scoring deer. Just five points, smallest buck I've taken in the past 30 years, but he should be good eating. I have seen absolutely no sign of an active rut this year and the wolves have been keeping all the game animals on the jumpy side. This weekend is the close of the season and I might get out with the son and daughter to see if we can get them a buck, but everyone of us is fighting colds and coughing our fool heads off so I'm not so sure of our chances. I guess I should get some pics posted so we can add on some more points. Almost forgot to take a picture of the deer and me before butchering and I couldn't believe how tired I look in the picture. I must say our team is doing pretty well. Congratulations to all!

That's great! 10 points helps a lot & the eating is always good!

Well, I'm still sitting on zero. The rut is wide open here, but I still haven't seen a shooter. We had an incredible amount of wind over the weekend. Lots of trees went down and I had a couple of stands blown apart. I doubt I'll get to deer hunt much, if any, next weekend. It's the opening of pheasant season and I always make a trip up to the Texas Panhandle for that.

Congrats to all you guys that are getting their deer. I'll try to get something on the ground between now and the middle of January.

Just got back from 3 days at the ranch. Saw 6 or 7 small bucks, but nothing even close to a shooter. Still have 3 weeks of either sex season left and then 2 more weeks of doe/spike only after that. It's pretty depressing around here. Been hunting for 10 weeks without a single sighting of a shooter buck. Things aren't looking good right now.

Finally saw 2 decent bucks this weekend. I spotted them across a canyon at about 500 yards. I thought about taking a lob at the biggest one with the 7 mag, but there was a 10 mph cross wind and I didn't think I could pull it off. I watch them feed for about 10 minutes and then decided to try making a stalk on them. I dropped off into the canyon and lost sight of the deer. When I got to where I wanted to be, they had moved....down wind of course. As soon as they saw me they took off and the last sighting I had was their tails going over a hill at about 1/2 mile. Oh well, at least I know where they live. Also saw another smaller buck twice this weekend that was dragging a leg. If I see him again next week and he's still not walking on it, I'll probably shoot him for meat. I don't like shooting 1 and 2 year bucks, but in his case I'll make an exception.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was alot of fun guys. I think if Todd makes it back from where ever he is in time to post his 9 point we should win. I PMed him but no answer. I sure hope and pray something bad has happened. That's not like a Mod. to not reply.

Thanks for everything guys and good luck in turkey season !!!!!!!!!

Time to kill some yotes !!!!!!!!!!!

Well it was alot of fun guys. I think if Todd makes it back from where ever he is in time to post his 9 point we should win. I PMed him but no answer. I sure hope and pray something bad has happened. That's not like a Mod. to not reply.

Thanks for everything guys and good luck in turkey season !!!!!!!!!

Time to kill some yotes !!!!!!!!!!!

I PMed Todd too & got no reply. Hope all is well.

Well team, My season has come and gone. The first time in 7 years I come up empty. Had some good times in the woods. Just the deer where not here like they were in the past. Had two close(but not close enough) encounters with big boys in blackpowder. Congratulation to everyone that got a deer this year. And it has been fun.

• 3 weeks later...