Stolen boat!!!

Please help. This AM someone cut the lock and stole my boat right out of my driveway while I was out hunting. I'm in southwest, TN. The Boat is an 89 BassCat 19ft with a 200 Mariner. Boat is silver with a red lightning bolt. It is on a galvanized, double axel trailer. The engine hood has "aint skeered" in red on both sides. It also had TN numbers, but the trailer had an old MS license plate that I couldn't get off.

They found my engine, pieces of my trailer, and a few pieces of my equipment yesterday. When they pulled up, the guy had a chop saw cutting up my trailer for scrap. He had destroyed my hull ripping out the wiring and tearing out any metal, then he dumped it off a bride onto some rip rap. An $8,000 rig torn into $500 worth of scrap. He didn't admit to it even though he was sitting on it with a saw. He had a bunch of other stolen property, too.

Good luck getting anything out of this low life.

He will get a slap on the wrist, ordered to pay restitution and eventually will cry hardship. Consequently he will stop paying.

Been down this road with the scum who broke into my camp a few years ago.

Conditions of his parole were completely ignored after the probation officers got sick of dealing with him. Basicly, he won, I lost.

What I got wouldn't have paid for the window he broke to get in.

Homeowners insurance is only going to cover 1K on the boat, but they said that they'll cover my fishing equipment which was 2K. Still sucks. In the front of my policy booklet, it says that watercraft is covered. The bad news was in some of the fine print in the back of my policy where there is a clause saying that there is a 1K limit on watercraft. I only fish and guide from late February until early August, so I don't keep boat insurance during the dead time. Guess I'll have to work and save for another 5-6 years to get another one.

Make sure you account for ALL your fishing equipment. I know people leave a great deal out when it comes to a claim.

Also how was that watercraft coverage explained to you? Did you ask your agent about boat coverage and he told you it was covered in the policy? Did he mention the sublimit? The reason I ask is because your agent might be at fault for not correctly explaining your coverages to you. In that case, there is something called E&O insurance that they purchase for such mistakes. Do NOT bring the words E&O up to your agent until you know he made a mistake. Once he heards those words he is going to shut down for fear of getting in trouble. Also forcing him to claim it will effectively end any relationship you have with him.

I don't think it was my agent's fault. I blame my insurance company for being dirty, and myself for not being careful. I bought the boat after my policy so it was never explained to me.

As far as what I included on the claim, I claimed everything from my floating key chain to my rods. I was able to remember $2,104 worth of missing items. I have no idea how much of that I'll see. If I can get $2-3K from insurance and sell my outboard for 2K, I'll just downsize to something like a 17 or 18ft Bass Tracker.

Mainly, I just want to get my son back out on the water. He's 15 months and he and my wife went with me 25-30 times during the spring and summer. His first word was fish, and he jumps up and down, squeals, and claps every time I hook one. I want to raise him right with a rifle in one hand and a fishing pole in the other.

The thief took a lot away from us, but hopefully, the judge will take the next 10-15 years away from him. The investigator told me yesterday that he has completed 7 warrants on him already, and he hopes to have a few more done before his trial.