Hemi Grand Cherokee ??

Anybody have one of these ??

My daily driver (1996 Grand Cherokee) is still running great. But it's developing a couple of quirks.........one electrical and one tranny..........that lead me to believe I could end up walking some day.

Found a dandy deal on an '06 GC Limited with the 5.7L Hemi. Drove it briefly today and was VERY impressed with the overall smoothness of this machine.

Anybody here have one ?? Let's hear about it.

Just missed out on an '07 or '08 TBSS end of last week. SOLD.

The 2012 SRT-8 is one of the vehicles in my dream garage. Just a whisker outta my budget.

Have since located an '08 5.7L GC with much better miles than the '06 for a couple $K more. It's 100 miles or so away, though.

Decisions............decisions.

Don't have a cherokee Don, but we do have the 5.7 hemi in our 08 durango. Dunno how comparable the durango and cherokee frames or drivetrain may be if at all. Drivetrain on chryslers in 08 were lifetime guaranteed, but don't think the warranty was transferrable. The durango has been pretty good for us, only issues we've had have been minor and were covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

I haven't heard anything bad about them Don. Could go all out and get the SRT-8 with the 6.1L Hemi under the hood. :cool: Or get a Trailblazer SS with the LS2 Corvette motor in it. Drove a TBSS before I went on vacation and holy smokes does it ever haul some serious butt! :jaw:

Dunno what the hp rating is for trailblazer ss, but the 5.7 hemi in the 08 durango is not a slouch with 335 hp and if I am remembering right has a towing capacity in the models with the heavy duty trailering package of around 10,000 lbs.