Who am I ???

Strut10

I am a single action revolver. There are two of me pictured below (the left one of me has had some of the top of my frame milled for scope mounting somewhere in the past). I am not currently in production, nor have I been for a number of decades. I fire the cartridge pictured in the center of the top picture and on the left in the second picture.

No more clues for now.

Who am I ?? Gun and cartridge.

DSC01896.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

Pretty darned warm !!

But it's not a .44 and it branded under a different brand name.

But manufactured by Sauer and Sohn it was.

well if it's from EAA and their big bore bounty hunter it's only available in 45LC, 44mag, and 357 i think. that'd be made in germany and imported to the US. i think there was another company inbetween, that started with an H, that made a version of the gun. i don't shoot these things so my knowledge is tapped at this point.

well if it's from EAA and their big bore bounty hunter it's only available in 45LC, 44mag, and 357 i think. that'd be made in germany and imported to the US. i think there was another company inbetween, that started with an H, that made a version of the gun. i don't shoot these things so my knowledge is tapped at this point.

You are awfully warm.......... but still a ways away.

Of the pair of revolvers, one was mfd in 1965 and the other in 1966.

You puppy !!! ;)

I was actually at Herter's in Mitchell, SD in 1976. My first bow and dozen of Port Orford cedar arrows came from Herter's mail order, too.

At any rate................congrats on I.D.'ing a gun most gun guys never knew existed.

As an aside....................the same revolver also came in .357 and .44 mag. It also had a baby brother in .22 rimfire. My dad has one of those. He bought it back when you still could order handguns from a catalog and get them mailed to you.

I had heard of the gun before, but had never seen one. That is why I originally thought it was a Ruger. My one Uncle collects guns and he has guns in all calibers and manufacturers and is a certified gun nut. I remember him telling me about several imported guns that he used to have and I believe Herter's was one of them. I may have cheated slightly by looking it up, but it was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it was. LOL.

Archerjg