Team 7 - The Slackers

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad luck has continued. Had a nice buck jump my string 2 nights ago - new setup and had nowhere to place my quiver - the extra noise cost me. Taken care of that problem with a short rope around the tree. Now we have this hurricane to deal with. No good weather for a whole week, and just when the pre-rut is due to kick in. At least I'll have time to post my doe pics.

Keep at it Art! I've only had 1 shot opportunity, about 2 weeks ago and ended up being a gut shot I think and lost the deer....barely a blood trail. Weatehr has either been too rainy or too warm, BUT looks like by the end of next week into the weekend, the weatehr will improve and maybe after this storm goes through, the deer will be on their feet.

Well 2 weeks left of deer season, but today was probably my last day out due to school and work. I managed to get what I thought was a doe down..turned out to be a button buck, but he will turn out just as tasty! Will post my entry here in a few!

If I manage to get out during Thanksgiving weekend, I'll try to get a buck. If not, at least we have 5 more points :D