New patterns

stevebeilgard

well, here's what you've been hearing rumors about. last night at a special party for bill jordan,(at the ata show) the new patterns of realtree extra and realtree extra green were introduced. all pros made a contribution to the film clip advertising it, and it was aired for the first time last night. i haven't seen it yet, but the new patterns are GREAT. absolutely, hands down, the best pattern on the market, and in 3 D! you'll be seeing pictures and hearing stories very soon, as today is the opening of the ata show in louisville. i wish i were there, but it didn't work out for me. lots more to come soon, i'm sure.:wine:

I will be honest with ya Steve, here in Wisconsin I have been wanting more green in my Realtree Camo for a long time. I am anxious to see it and hopefully it will be available for turkey season. Once the foliage starts coming out in the spring we really need a more suitable camo color/pattern. Same goes for all the bowhunting we do in the various pine trees, white cedar and spruce we have up here.

yea i think Hoyt was the first to let this cat out of the bag. checked them out a while ago.... looks good. only subtle differences from AP and APG but it's all the little stuff that adds up these days. always liked RT because it was usually lighter toned than other camo patterns and didn't turn into a dark blob at distance. one of these years it'd be cool to make it ATA.

The green Extra looks nice but to me but the Extra is nothing more than AP with a little more depth. I saw the Extra on Waddell the other night and I'm not overly impressed and I'm not running out to buy it. I have always been a die hard Realtree nut and there is no other brand in my camo closet. But months ago when I heard that Realtree was coming out with a new pattern I was hoping something closer to this again. Realtree Hardwoods HD ® | Realtree ®

When I go deer hunting in November and the leaves are off and back up against a tree I blend in far better with the Hardwoods HD than any of the AP patterns with it's white stripes all through it. Looks out your window now, the trees are dark gray. There are no white stripes on the trees.

This is just my 2 cents but for the first time ever I am not excited at all about the prospects of a new Realtree pattern.

All we have around here is green trees and we dont climb up in them to hunt. So blending in is a must. Two seasons ago I was wearing AP and my buddy had on True Timber. Midday we switched jackets and analyized each other from various distances. The true timber dissappeared AP looked like a blob...........I've gone to the True timber exclusively...............sorry RT......it works alot better where I hunt.TrueTimber-MC2.jpg