Daytona 500 - Danica Patrick

Trevor

I don't put much stock in races like Daytona AND Talledega these type of tacks have a history of having the not so best car in this race win ,,, chance of luck of not being in the big one, or not blowing up, or not having a dance partner in the end dictates where you may place when it's all said and done.

Case in point ,, Gordon restarted in 8th, place only to end up in the sucker hole ( middle line ) to finish 20th. and he had a good car ... ;)

This is not to belittle what Danica accomplished at Daytona, but lets she what she has to offer at other tracks where it's the driver not how many you can get to push you to the front ... ;)

lets wait and see how she does the whole season and then base how good her driving skills are on the whole season not just 1 race.

I agree...jury is still out, was impressed she did not wreck, and stayed up front all day...cant say what Gordon was doing at the end..but I think he was holding back figuring on a late wreck, then get a good restart?

I guess I just had to give credit where it was due. Danica did a good job. So did many other drivers. How about Jimmie Johnson? Rock solid and gets the job done.

To sit on the pole with a run like DP had was a real accomplishment. She has run at 230 @ Indy and is no stranger to high speed.

Will she ever be championship caliber? I don't know, this may have been a flash in the pan. The bottom line is she did one heck of a good job Sunday and deserves our admiration.

500 grueling miles is quite a trip. There are only a very select few who could ever compete in a race like this.

I wish her the best.

My favorite driver? Kyle Busch! NOW you can unload if you feel you must. LOL

Lynn