Deer Contest down participation

hoosierhunter

I'm still thinking about it, but after clipping off my 60th birthday this year I may be too old for this competition stuff. Well, maybe not. Last year after filling the freezer with elk I was looking for that 200 inch giant that never appeared and felt a little guilty about not helping the team. The archery season starts next Saturday and I will be out chasing the mighty wapiti and will have decided by then if I'll sign up again. It is a different sort of deer hunting here in my part of the world and there is not much in common with the rest of the forum members. I wish everyone could have a taste.

I'm still thinking about it, but after clipping off my 60th birthday this year I may be too old for this competition stuff. Well, maybe not. Last year after filling the freezer with elk I was looking for that 200 inch giant that never appeared and felt a little guilty about not helping the team. The archery season starts next Saturday and I will be out chasing the mighty wapiti and will have decided by then if I'll sign up again. It is a different sort of deer hunting here in my part of the world and there is not much in common with the rest of the forum members. I wish everyone could have a taste.

Elk, if you spend any time on here checking and writing posts just throw your name in the pool because we know you put time in the woods and will probably have a good story to tell. I for one would love to experience the type of hunting you get to do!

I have moved to Colorado and won't get my resident status until October 18th so my hunting season is out this year. Plus it's draw only for deer. I will be going back to Oklahoma during rifle season, but I won't have but a few days to hunt. I don't feel I'd be a good team mate so I am skipping this years contest.