Back to earth

stevebeilgard

:clown: got back from alaska yesterday. over 4 months of dial up and i don't even try to use it any more. anyway, it was a great summer. tons of fish, got my cabin finished and moved into, boat ran great, weather was the best in 60 years of records. and on and on. just a wonderful summer.

almost perfect. there we were (more "we" soon) fishing with leo and mary when i couldn't reel. i couldn't hear, think or feel. just stood there with a pole in my hand. the events for the next few hours are fuzzy. anyway, i saw terror in connie's eyes but all was well with me. turns out i had a stroke. 4 days in the hospital. all is fine now. it was a plaque buildup on my left neck corodid artery. there is no permenant damage. BUT, i sure did learn how fast life can change.

speaking of life changes, let me intorduce connie. as most of you know i lost my wife rilda a couple of years ago, two days before our 42nd anniversary. i thought my life was over. then, a while back i met a girl who was married for 40 years, and we hit it up just fine. she came with me to alaska and loved it. she wanted to fish every day. how cool is that. anyway, she brought back to my life everything i lost years ago. we'll be married october 5. i never let this fine lady go.

enough for now. lots to do today and it's the start of hunting season. for the first time in years, i have no one to take hunting. i'm not sure just what i'll be doing this year, but for now i'll get some personal things done. GREAT TO BE BACK.:clap:[ATTACH=CONFIG]13730[/ATTACH]

OH, did i mention connie got a big butt?. hey, i'm crazy not stupid. lol. that's halibut. 5'8", 163 pounds. her biggest ever but mine is over 200 pounds.

Glad you made it back safe. Mary and I had a great time in spite of the big scare. So glad that was worked out before we left! I can't imagine the flight home not knowing you were ok. We had some salmon last night. It sure is good. Mary is still talking about going back. What a great place you're in.

So glad to hear about the upcoming marriage. Both Mary and I think a lot of Connie. You are twice blessed my friend.

[QOUTE]"OH, did i mention connie got a big butt?. hey, i'm crazy not stupid. lol. that's halibut. 5'8", 163 pounds. her biggest ever but mine is over 200 pounds.

[Qoute}.......lol..whatever turns you on Steve!! You gotta be careful bud, those big ones will break your rod!.......Seriously Congratulations!

Edited by Mathews XT Man

thanks to all for the well wishes. all is great in wyoming. yet, i will miss not being able to take anyone out hunting this year. dang.

we leave next tuesday for a week in hayward wisconsin. i grew up and learned to love fishing in hayward, on lake couderay. my brother still lives on that lake. he says the fall colors are coming into being now. i can't wait to see them.

since i retired 4 years ago, i can't believe just how busy i am. i just don't know how i ever found the time to go to work. lol

What do you mean ??? "I don't have anyone to take hunting"..........I know for a fact that you have Grandkids and Daughters who would LOVE to spend a day in a Pickup with the "Old Man" looking through binoculars. I know I would. Call it scouting for next season. You might not be hunting ........but it's the next best thing and it would be time well spent. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I know Rilda would approve, she loved you dearly and always wished to see you smiling and happy. God Bless You and Connie.