Girl Scouts?

Jeramie

My oldest (8 in the first part of October) is asking to join Girl Scouts. We are headed to a meeting to see what it is all about. Anyone have kids or had kids in the scouts? What say ye?

Good, Bad? My wife and know no one in the Scouts so we are lost. town so there is already a bad stigma about it locally.....

Both of our girls were in girls scouts for a couple years. They had fun and learned a lot about different things. Plus(or minus depenind on how you view it) they get to sell cookies. As our girls got older, they found sports/piano/dance so we made them decide. They both chose to quit girl scouts. I think it was a good experience for both of them and would recommend having any girl try it out.

We bit the bullet and both of the girls are signed up. The wife is going to be a troop leader for our youngest. It was the only way she could get involved because of no leader for that age group.

Gracey had a blast at Rushmore earning badges so im sure she will really enjoy this... Even if it is for a few years it is a good chance for our girls to spend time with the wife.