Youth Shotgun

My babygirl is 12 and will be heading to the field this year. I want to get her a little 20 ga. to get her started. I'm presently looking hard at the Mossberg Bantam. But I don't want to miss any possible choices. I was wondering, what are you other dad's buying for your kids first shotgun?

She wants to hunt turkeys this spring and all sorts of small game this fall.

I like that 1100 Fly. Out of curiosity what does one of those run? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a slug gun for my kids, but my daughter is pretty small for her age (10). I think she'll use my muzzleloader during youth season this year so I can cut back on the powder a little.

I like that 1100 Fly. Out of curiosity what does one of those run? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a slug gun for my kids, but my daughter is pretty small for her age (10). I think she'll use my muzzleloader during youth season this year so I can cut back on the powder a little.

Mud,

They are not cheap. On Gunbroker the youth model 1100 are going from $600-$900. Must be they are kinda rare.

• 3 months later...

I hope this is not too late but give a look at Charles Daily, they have a sweet li’l 20ga Auto-loader that is a dream to shoot. I used my boy’s after coming home from the litterbox and before my surgery for my shooting shoulder; what a great teal season that was.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...