You drew a 4th season tag... but they might run out of tags????? I'm lost.

Hey team, I'll be hunting Iowa sometime this spring... just not sure what season. The older I get the nicer I like the weather to be.

I usually choose one of the later seasons... once I spot the turkeys struttin' in a certain location.

On another note, I'm almost certain I will be headed to Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming for a week of turkey hunting. Just nice to hunt a different area and get away from work.

good luck to all

the dog

You drew a 4th season tag... but they might run out of tags????? I'm lost.

Hey team, I'll be hunting Iowa sometime this spring... just not sure what season. The older I get the nicer I like the weather to be.

I usually choose one of the later seasons... once I spot the turkeys struttin' in a certain location.

On another note, I'm almost certain I will be headed to Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming for a week of turkey hunting. Just nice to hunt a different area and get away from work.

good luck to all

the dog

Sorry I confused myself on that post. I put in for the daily drawing for 4th season in Pope county. I'm waiting to see the outcome.

Anyone successful last year? How is your weather looking?

Everyone but 2 tagged out last year he said. A couple were good sized birds. We will be hunting on about 300 acres. The weather right now is really iffy. 2 days ago we were setting at 71 degrees. Right now its at 45.. We have been pretty lucky the past 2-3 weeks with little rain. Because we don't need any. I hope the temps level out by this time next month..

I've shot at least one every year for the last 24 years. I hope that statement does put the jinx on me.

I will be headed to Nebraska, South Dakota & Wyoming for 9 days of hunting. Otherwise two tags for Iowa.

good luck to all and have lots of fun

the dog

Sounds like a great time! Hope you have some luck!

Anybody got ideas for a team name? The only one I can think of is the thunder bird killers.

It's getting close! Less then a month for me. Me and a buddy were driving around the other day. Came to a spot where there is a field, And behind the field there is a railroad. The railroad meets up at the street. Well right where it meets up, Not 20 yards from the road were 2 toms and a hen. Both toms were all fluffed out ready to fight it looked like. My buddy let out a small call and man them toms made out a gobble like I've never heard! None the less it's got me ready to go!!

Have an inch or two of snow forecasted for overnight. My season starts Wednesday. High of 42 and overcast so I think the birds will be a little subdued but we'll see.

Just lined in my Gobblestopper Red dot. Holds point of aim well so far even after a few 3 1/2" attention getters.

My Kent/Win./Fed. loads all shoot well but can't compete with the Hevi Blend of 5,6,7s. Crazy tight at 43yds.

Got the sister in law a gobbler Wednesday afternoon. My birds wouldn't separate when she counted to 3 so I ended up jump shooting at the one. I was holding the window flap up with my lead hand too so upon detonation, I was educated on why you should keep both hands on a turkey gun loaded with 3 1/2" Hevi Blend. I'll post pics of my face eventually.