Iowa bird #2 (video & pics)

With four days left in the season I went out last night and sat in my Double Bull blind. I went to a place where I know the turkeys run the fence line and cross the fields in the evening. Woods to the north and woods to the south. I had a bearded hen come in about 5:30 PM (see video). I just can't shoot hens. About 6:30 I hear some gobbling back in the woods. I call very softly and wait 15 minutes then call once more, after another 15 minutes I call softly. I kinda know the habits of these birds and I keep watching the field to the north. They appear out about 250 yards. More soft calls and they see the DSD's (I just bought these decoys this year with Cabelas points and they are the real deal... game changers). The run is on. See video for the rest of the story.

19 lbs. 1 inch spurs and 11 1/4 inch beard. (I think I shot the smaller one).

Just love the beard on the one I didn't shoot. NOTE: his buddy stayed around for 15 minutes trying to get the dead bird to leave. Wish I had another hunter with me... RATS!!!!

good luck to all

the dog

attachment.php?attachmentid=14260&d=1400289470