Team 2

Finally saw some bucks......as I was halfway down the ladder. Had a doe and a button buck in the food plot for about 45 minutes and I decided to climb down after they left. Should have waited 5 more minutes cuz halfway down the tree I had 3 bucks walk in. One stayed in the plot for a few minutes but the others didn't hang around too long.

I haven't been able to go as much as I'd like between rain, school, & some other things going on. We have been getting ton of pics, including bucks with some being in daylight, but my daddy & I have hunted a combined 7 or 8 times and he's only seen one doe. I haven't seen anything.

Edited by clrj3514

Congrats SS!

This weekend is youth weekend so I've been taking my son, Chase. He doesn't like hunting mornings so I've been able to hunt those by myself but with no luck. Chase has missed a button buck and an 8 point with his Barnett crossbow. Would love for him to have harvested one of the two, but I love the fact that he's getting the experience so early. We're breaking out the .243 tomorrow for his last hunt.

Had deer on us literally the whole sit last night.

There were two yearlings and a doe feeding on acorns when we walked in. We squatted down behind a tree and Chase used my summit as a gun rest. We sat there for 30 minutes without the deer getting closer. A young 8 point jumped the fence and chased them off. We used that opportunity to get in our stands. Once Chase had climbed into his hang-on, I sat up my summit and had just gotten situated when the buck ran the deer back into the oak flat. Chase really wanted to shoot a buck, but they never got closer than 80 yards and never offered a clean shot.

A doe and button buck jumped the fence behind us and the button proceeded to bed down about 20 yards directly behind Chase. After about ten minutes or so, the doe started feeding away towards Chase so the button finally got up. Chase tried to get on the doe as she walked by but couldn't find her in the scope(too close). So he settled on the button buck and dropped him in his tracks at 25 yards. Blew out both shoulders.

He was pumped! The doe ran behind us and then made her way back to within 2 yards of my tree. I had drawn back on her, but she was way too close for me to take the shot. I would have hit my stand with my bottom cam.

Anyway, we were done with the evenings hunt in about 2 hours. Chase never once played his Nintendo DS! Which was a miracle because that is the only thing that keeps him quiet and still!

Next weekend is our Blackpowder opener, but I'll be in the tree with my bow. I did manage to see a shooter buck chasing a doe Sunday morning when Chase slept in but he wouldn't stop in my shooting lane. Had him at 20 yards but only had a small window. Wouldn't you know the doe stopped perfect but the buck had other ideas. A small 8 did hop out in front of me at 20 yards and stood for 5 minutes. I think he was looking for the big un and his doe. I doubt she was hot, but they got the rut on their mind at least. Next weekend should be good.

Shot another doe this morning but the coyotes got to her before I could. I only waited an hour because I knew the shot was good, but they'd already tore up the hams and had her guts strewn everywhere.

A buddy of mine killed a 195 inch non-typical Saturday. He hunts a lease couple miles from me.

:bummed:

That sucks about the yotes. I did take another Doe this past Saturday, no bucks during the daylight hours on trail camera. Maybe November will get them moving daylight hours.

We do need to come up with a name, if anyone has an idea let's post them up and take a vote.

Hunting High

Camo Squad

Blood Letters

for the record;

suggested this back on page 1..... pmd admin..still waiting

Antler Addiction