Team 2

A week to go here till gun, not seen anything here over a broken off 8pt, unless a buck travels in from out of the area. not looking good for an upgrade, Im ready!.. I'll drop the hammer if I get the chance, rut is on, and anything can happen

will keep ya all posted if and when I get lucky

Lucky Buck

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1416056966

Edited by Mathews XT Man

You know that time when you go to your truck at 6AM for work and really wish you were hunting instead... Yeah that time... My story this week as this guy was standing making a scrape and licking an overhanging branch on the edge of the yard. He sure was rutting, I was 30 yds from him and he could've cared less until I started grunting, whistling and everything to get him to turn back towards the woods instead of crossing the street. ea0e7e18eb6b895b5fb4e47b78e9337c.jpg

Still out it down here. I've got 2 more vacation days and then rifle season starts.

In the last 4 sits, I've seen a total of 2 deer. Makes for a long 16 hours in stand.

Thinking about doing an all day hunt tomorrow, but I'm not sure. It depends upon how much movement I'm seeing. I'll take lunch just in case I decide to stick around.

Good luck to everyone still in the woods.

Wis gun start Sat. will see what happens..

Getting ready to headout...unless some monster buck is chasing a doe and is in the wrong place at the right time...I don't see anything here I can shoot to upgrade with...so I am a meat hunter first..have heard there is a monster buck just east of me....nothing but tines and massive bone....I gave up my crick stand to a first year hunter, be cool if he shot it.

hope my trail isn't drifted closed..I opened it best I could with gator late last eve., until I broke my plow mount, nothing a little weld job cant fix after I straighten a lift arm.

cant wait until my skid steer is ready and I can use my Erskin snowblower

Edited by Mathews XT Man

Well, my buck season came to an end last night. Was hunting some public land with a buddy of mine and this bruiser gave me a 5 yard shot that I couldn't turn down. Not the biggest I've killed but one of the most unique and biggest bodied.

Good luck to everyone still looking to get on the board or upgrade!

Did you put another down martin?

I gave my daughter first chance, and she killed a decent 8 pt in 45 minutes on opening day, .have not had a buck on cam worth shooting since...most of the 8 got shot that were showing up. That first year hunter got a high 6 pt, his dad got an 8 next day. my nephew shot a 6pt in the the ladies lease land I have access to. 8pt my sister in law got just south of ash opening day.was best buck we had here. hoping something pulls in as a fork was running the does hard last eve...got to be a doe coming in heat here

Edited by Mathews XT Man