Team 3

Team name doesn't matter to me but some of those you have are hilarious. I finally got out to my stand Friday and sat with a 25 mph cold wind in my face. I managed to see 7 does but the only one to present a decent shot would have fit in a shoe box. Hopefully this week i will have time to get back out.

I haven't made it to the bow lease yet. I haven't hunted it in 2 years so I think it's about time to make a visit............if only some decent weather would settle in. Put corn out at my other lease in Newton County. There's a little bit of sign there. I'm hunting a 2 year old clear cut. I shot a rinky dink 9 point there last year. He was a solid 3.5 year old deer but none of his tines were over 4" long. His deletion from the gene pool was necessary. Got a little bit more work to do at this lease before general season opens in November.

Made my first hunt last Wednesday. No dice. I walked about 100 yards down a well traveled trail and counted 14 scrapes. My tree stand is on the south end of the trail and has 3 scrapes well within bow range. Just a matter of being in it when he comes to check his scrapes.

Made another hunt yesterday morning. Just a daylight I had a deer come in to about 40 yards. It held up in some thick stuff, blew, and eased back the way it came.

Totally stumped as to why it blew. The wind was perfect, I didn't walk thru that area.....not sure what it was blowing at.

That was the only activity for me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats muff !!!

I haven't been doing much hunting still trying to finish up the camp. I will be at em hard come the 22nd. 2 weeks away seems like forever. I saw 4 at lunch time last weekend when i was out on a walk about. That seems real promising. It has been a while since ive seen em and they not be super spooky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posted my Bow and Muzzleloader does for credit. Been the least amount of hunting I've ever done this year. Only bowhunted 3 times, worst since high school. Did put some venison in the freezer though. I took over/bought out our land surveying business this past spring which left little or no time for much else. Hope everyone else had a good season.

DSCN0473_zpsd7f394f3.jpg

20141203_181417_zps0abae3db.jpg