Hey Ruth!

RangerClay

Since I cannot contact you with PM's under this new system I figured I would do it this way.

Is this your 20 gauge Mossberg Bantam in this picture? If yes what barrel or choke are you using? Also what slugs are you having success with? My Abigail will be using her Bantam for deer for the first time this fall and I would appreciate any advice you may have so we don't have to buy out the whole store to find a good combination.

Yes, that's my Mossberg 500 20 ga Bantam (or super bantam). I picked up a 20 ga rifled barrel for it online and it shoots the Hornady SSTs sabots very well. They are the only sabots I've used in it, haven't tried anything else because of how well they shoHey ot out of it and leave a decent blood trail.Use a Nikon Scope on it with adjustable power from 2-7, the barrel has the integral scope base on it.That deer was taken around 75 yards, the Hornady went clear through the deer. There have been a couple does as well I've shot about 60-70 yards and dropped them in their tracks. It was well worth the money for the barrel. Not sure how much they are going for now, I ordered it online, might have found it around $150??

• 2 weeks later...