Cant Fix Stupid

So many FALSE statements in this it's laughable;

Dog hunting for bear must end

Hounding involves using dogs to chase and tree bears to provide hunters with easy targets. The hounds are equipped with radio collars that alert hunters to the location of the treed bear. In their frantic retreat from the dogs, bears can endure a tremendous amount of stress. Even if bears escape the dogs or the hunter’s bullet, the resulting stress can lead to death by starvation in the spring or hyperthermia (overheating) in the fall. Hounding often separates mothers from their cubs, leaving the young orphaned or even caught and devoured by the dogs. Hounding remains legal in a majority of bear-hunting states. Laws vary regarding the number of dogs that can be used and the time of year when hounding is permitting. – Born Free USA, 2016

Now doesn’t this sound like a sport you would like to get involved in? It won’t be long before the most unethical hunters, anywhere, will hit the Wisconsin woods for another year. Dog hunters! Dog hunters chase bears until there is nowhere else to go. Once the bear is up the tree, they like to gather the whole crew together (using their radios) for the kill. After taking pictures and drawing straws or flipping a coin, a mighty hunter is chosen and gets to kill the hopeless bear. These people wouldn’t have a clue about what fair chase means when it comes to hunting.

Almost as bad as shooting a bear in a tree is the practice of running the bears before season. This is for training of the dogs (supposedly). They will sometimes run these beautiful animals mile after mile in hot weather and will do it across your private land! All thanks to special laws that pertain to bear dogs. The DNR should be ashamed that this is going on. But instead of being ashamed, they are in bed with the dog hunters. This is big business for the DNR and money talks.

If these dog hunters come around looking for a place to hunt or information, I hope you are like me and tell them exactly where to go and exactly how to get there!

(I do!, go down this trail to that field and kill em all!!)

If you know where a dog hunter lives, then you know how badly these dogs are treated. Fed once a day and tied to a barrel 24/7.

I wonder how many deer hunters we would have left in Wisconsin if suddenly, dogs were used to chase deer into enclosures and then shot by hunters? Think this would cause an outrage? Please let these dog hunters know what you think. This type of hunting must come to an end.

Edited by Mathews XT Man

• 3 months later...