Team 2 White Tails Matter

wtnhunt

Been hunting 2-3 days each week and so far haven't seen a buck yet. Have had some uncharacteristic East winds that have prohibited me from hunting my best stands. We are in the middle of the October lull right now so I don't expect to see a shooter for another 2 weeks. I'll still be looking for another mature doe. I'm taking my 14 year old son down to KY for the ML season this coming weekend. I think we will have plenty of action based on the trail cam pics. No bucks big enough for me to shoot, but 4 eight pointers that he's got the green card on.

My son missed a nice buck in KY. An 8 point at 25 yards with his ML. He's only 14 and got a serious case of buck fever. Still - hard to believe He missed at 25 yards with a ML he can hit a quarter at 50 yards with. In IL I had a decent 8point at 38 yards. Shot was good - he ducked the shot and it went over his back. First buck I've seen this season. Came out to feed in a cut corn field an hour before dark when a cold front moved in.

Edited by fly

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while! While the forums were down I've taken a mature doe and a 6 pointer on the last day of a week long public ground draw hunt. He offered me a chip shot and I wasn't seeing anything for the wall so I took him. Putting my new hoist to good use! Been a great year already - now I'm looking for a wall hanger.

Archery%20Doe_zpsm0pmag0b.jpg

Six%20Point_zpsoq1b7uvt.jpg

Hoist_zpso9awla1s.jpg

Hey everyone!  Though I would check to see if thing was back up.  I shot a 6 point yesterday but he is probably a legal 5 point.  Still it's 10 points for our team with a lot of season still to go.  I will post pictures later. 

Congrats Fly!  Sound like you and I did the same thing with a chip shot buck.

Well, while the site was down I have been getting out. I have had the worst last week in October and first week in November. Lots of big bucks being shot, however, my area has absolutely been dead. Last night I had an 8 point following a doe, however, only 120+ inches. I'll keep trying and hopefully add a doe or something bigger.

good luck to all

the dog

Thanks Joe and Martin and congratulations to both of you.. Yea Joe, the buck walked right below me and stopped quartering away at 20 yards to work a mock scrape I made. Since it was the last day of a draw hunt I was in - he bought an arrow threw both lungs. Ran 70 yards right into a huge patch of sticker bushes. the recovery was painful.

I'm very thankful for a great season. I haven't got him scored yet but I think he'll go 130 inches. I'll put some more pics in the deer hunting room.

My first post back on Spt. 12th. " Goals for this year are to get 4-5 deer in total for meat. Then to bag a 130 inch or bigger buck. We'll see."  I've reached my goal with a lot of season left! If I get any more I'll be giving away a lot of deer meat as Christmas presents this year.

2 hours ago, Mathews XT Man said:

Here is what we got pinwheeling counterclock wise as it heads east at us for the opener, .....YES the BLUE is SNOW! 40 mph winds 1 1/2 ' of rain so far, changing over soon;

Would love to be there with you. My type of weather.