So where are you at in your season ???

Strut10

About done here in MS too.  The season is open through the end of this month but the long range forecast shows highs anywhere from the upper 60's to mid 70's for the next 10 days.  Not good for daylight deer movement this time of the year, especially post rut.  With the amount of time I've spent in a deer stand this year, I'm about burnt out now too.  It was certainly a great season to remember for me.  I only wish my son had bagged a good one.  He sure had his chance but failed to deliver a lethal shot.  Fortunately the buck he hit showed up on trail cams again and was still around after the MO gun season ended.  He should be one heck of a buck next year.  Time to get geared up & ready for spring turkey season.

Edited by Rhino

Went out yesterday morning looking to fill my last doe archery tag (funny how fast I go through venison when all my family and friends know I hunt). Didn't see a deer after 3 hours of hunting in the AM. Had to head home at 9am as an ice storm was moving in. The IL deer season ends tomorrow but with the ice storm I decided to call it. I spent yesterday evening cleaning gear and putting everything away till next season. Been a great year though - here are my harvests.

Kentucky Archery Doe...

Doe.JPG

Illinois Archery Doe...

DSCN2240.JPG

Illinois Archery 6-point (not a fun recovery)...

DSCN2254.JPG

Kentucky Shotgun 9-point...

DSCN2297.JPG

Illinois Shotgun 10 point...

10 point IL.JPG