Finally got one!

Ravin R10 man

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mathews XT Man said:

They never kick when actually shooting in a hunting situation.

Funny how that goes huh.  lol.  I will say though I have heard plenty of stories of the folks that have gotten scoped that would probably not agree, some of those by guns that were not exactly what I would think to be heavy recoiling guns either.  

12 hours ago, wtnhunt said:

Funny how that goes huh.  lol.  I will say though I have heard plenty of stories of the folks that have gotten scoped that would probably not agree, some of those by guns that were not exactly what I would think to be heavy recoiling guns either.  

I couldn't agree more on both those statements! I'm good for around 10 shots in a row bench shooting with my 300, then I start to flinch anticipating the feeling of being kicked in the shoulder by a stallion. I remember sighting the first scope I mounted on that gun trying to get it zeroed, turned out I had the wrong rings or bases on it. After 20+ shots I couldn't shoot anymore lol. Have yet to get scoped though *knock on wood*

My cousin's husband who is a police officer took my uncle and I to the range years ago, he let us shoot his police gun 40 S&W, I forget the brand, SIG maybe, I'm not familiar with handguns. Anyway he had never shot a scoped rifle and my uncle had his Savage 99 chambered in .300 Savage, light recoil gun, and he wanted to shoot it. Well the scope cut him right to the skull and he had to get 9 stitches above the eye!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...