Crawfish

Dawg

You catch those or buy those ??
Always wanted to try them.  But they don't grow too terribly big around here.  Would take a whole bunch to be worth messing with.

Bought them. There's several farms within 100 miles. Prices are still a little high right now but they'll be coming down soon. I paid $3.50/lb last week and have heard of prices now at $2.80/lb. Should bottom out around $1.98/lb before season is over.

On 1/22/2017 at 2:50 PM, Dawg said:

Crawfish isn't seafood. They are primarily found in marshes, bayous, etc. A lot of them are farmed also.

I don't know why I called it seafood I know better haha! We see them in rocky shorelines of lakes and rivers here. 

Caught one when I was ~10 years old and put it in my aquarium, it lived for probably 5 years in there! It kept the tank pretty clean. It ate gold fish food and sometimes I fed them worms. The crayfish would get a worm half way down then the small catfish (3-5 inch) would grab the end and the battle royal was on LOL. Then one time the crayfish climbed up the aerator tube and ended up out of the tank, mom was watching TV and all of a sudden she started screaming because he was crawling across the floor towards her. Man that was funny.