Night shift

Muff

6 hours ago, doubleA said:

I work a 12 hour rotating shift but my shifts are actually 12 hours and 30 minutes as they don't pay us for a 30 min lunch. The days are long and can get grueling but the rotation is what is hard on the body. We go from nights to days back to days to nights every 3-4 days.

yep that's the same as ours....rotating from night to days...only 12 hours we get paid for lunch breaks.....on a side note my birthday curse continues again this year....every time my birthday falls on one of our shifts....the shifts SUCK. and tonight's no different...that machine that was going up this morning....didn't go up...lots of break downs and now we have to deal with it all night.....oh well birthday beers tomorrow.

Worked midnights part time at ups for a couple years when I was in my early 20's, then after a couple hours of sleep would go to school, then after school work a part time day job and go home and sleep a couple hours after that job.  Had split sleep, kind of rough, don't know if that is a factor in the sleep problems I have now or not.  Had a couple other jobs over the years working night shift and second shift.  Worked second in a factory for about 5 years, was not too bad a shift but missed a lot of family time with my oldest daughter and did not get much sleep.