Anyone have any good turkey stories!

I'm hoping to have a good story by next Saturday..........................

Will be taking my little assassin girl, Pickle out for youth day.  We did some scouting yesterday.  Looking and sounding like there are some birds around.  I'll have her run my newly readied 20 gauge.  Between the Pickle and the gun, the birds should be afraid.  VERY afraid.......................

Hello Tim

I had to re-register here.    Anyways this is Colorado Bob.   I've killed 2 merriams here in Colorado.   One was a draw tag over by Trinidad.   The other was an OTC here on the western slope.  Both were nice birds.   One had a 10" beard , the other was an 8 1/2".

I Do Now!

Got up at 5 a.m., loaded up Gator and headed out. Set up my Pretty Boy, and a hen. Got my set up seat up against two small balsams with some overhanging branches on either side for concealment. It's 5:45...It is dead still and sound will carry far today...Got my Madhatter Four Track Copper over Glass out, did a few tree yelps/clucks waited a bit then did a hen cut/purr/ and a hot hen series of yelps...GOT CUT OFF by Gobbler on Roost!  He was a ways off...I'd say 250 yards or so....58fb57a519dd7_Turkey2017Tom.thumb.jpg.f87e3d51e005af004791d8075303f1cc.jpg 

he gobbled on roost a few more times, then flew down...I hit him with another series...GOOBBBBLLE!!! ok....gave him a couple min.  then hit em again...GOOOOBBBBLLLE!!! closer....wow he is coming fast...I put call down get gun up...there he is at field edge...had a Primos diaphram in and deflected call behind me with my hand.  He steps out and see the decoys, goes into strut and walks right down the gun barrel...gets to Pretty Boy and struts by him and when he clears he is broadside at 30 yards I send a load of 12 gauge 3 1/2" Winchester Long Beard XR  no. 5's  he drops on the spot.  10" beard 3/4" spurs  22lbs.

Done at 6: 05 a.m. Another successful ''Redbeard Rodeo"!

http://www.turkeycall.co/

• 2 weeks later...

Well 1st off had a great time with Al (Rhino)    we have shared turkey camp many times together.  And I'm going to tell you  was a tough hunt   birds were there ,but henned up badly. I was self filming outta a blind  so I was at the mercy of the birds.   Al helped me set up blind etc the 1st nite   and we were excited for the 1st morning. 
1st day-  Had birds gobbling east of me    saw some strutters about 125 yards out    they just followed the hens   the Wrong way!     the afternoon was quiet   saw 1 hen
2nd day -   moved blind a little more east    had birds gobbling  but again lost to the hens.  The afternoon was very quiet   no birds seen or heard.
3rd day- Birds gobbling close   hit the ground 80 yards out    4 longbeards and 3 hens     the local bull walked thru my decoys and pushed them south . But I coaxed 1 bird to behind my blind , no shot   and he flew across the river to 4 hens      ugh lost to the girls again.  Well he and the hens tayed behind me across the river  so I figured if I kept him wound up gobbling  he might get a bird o my side to gobble. So every 15 minutes I called he gobbled ,dbl gobbled.   Well it was getting warm  so I opted to open my east window to get the breeze     next thing I hear is wings flapping and the gobbler flew within 5 feet of the blind  right outside my open window    Surprised us both to say the least    but I went into hunter mode and pulled off the shot     rewarded with great bird   8 1/2 beard  1-1/8 spurs     Very happy to say the least

0423170913.jpg

0423171218a_HDR.jpg

• 3 months later...