Tagged Out

Ravin R10 man

Got up at 5 a.m., loaded up Gator and headed out. Set up my Pretty Boy, and a hen. Got my set up seat up against two small balsams with some overhanging branches on either side for concealment. It's 5:45...It is dead still and sound will carry far today...Got my Madhatter Four Track Copper over Glass out, did a few tree yelps/clucks waited a bit then did a hen cut/purr/ and a hot hen series of yelps...GOT CUT OFF by Gobbler on Roost!  He was a ways off...I'd say 250 yards or so....58fb57a519dd7_Turkey2017Tom.thumb.jpg.f87e3d51e005af004791d8075303f1cc.jpg 

he gobbled on roost a few more times, then flew down...I hit him with another series...GOOBBBBLLE!!! ok....gave him a couple min.  then hit em again...GOOOOBBBBLLLE!!! closer....wow he is coming fast...I put call down get gun up...there he is at field edge...had a Primos diaphram in and deflected call behind me with my hand.  He steps out and see the decoys, goes into strut and walks right down the gun barrel...gets to Pretty Boy and struts by him and when he clears he is broadside at 30 yards I send a load of 12 gauge 3 1/2" Winchester Long Beard XR  no. 5's  he drops on the spot.  10" beard 3/4" spurs  22lbs.

Done at 6: 05 a.m. Another successful ''Redbeard Rodeo"!

http://www.turkeycall.co/

Edited by Mathews XT Man

On 4/24/2017 at 8:33 AM, MUDRUNNER said:

Settled in at 5:45, done by 6:05 and back home with a bird before the rest of the house even wakes up lol. Congrats!  He's a good sized bird.

Heck, she dont wake up till 8!   Well, she woke up when I got home...lol  somebody had to take the pic!

I never thought he would respond, figure another henned up bird, gonna fly down and follow the gals etc.....

I shot a bird in same spot several yrs. ago, almost same thing too, just before a rainstorm moved in, and I went to work ( logging job) and met a Kirby call field Pro, out testing calls that day...COOL!