Any changes for 2017 season?

Turkeygirl

Any one getting anything new or changing anything for the 2017 deer season? My 2013 Elite Hunter I used for 3D is getting set-up for hunting and I'm likely selling the Halon....I just can't get consistent with the grip or weight of the bow. Nice bow but I've fought with it, just not clicking. My Hoyt Pro-Defiant is a shooter and I'm shooting that for 3D. Other than maybe a new treestand harness, no earth shattering changes. How about the rest of you?

About the only new gear I'm getting for the 2017 season are 4 of these Millennium 360 hang on stands to set in Missouri and a 5th one to set in Mississippi.  Those along with stick ladders to go with each one of them.  I won't need to optional shooting stick though shown in the picture for bowhunting.

M360.png?t=1485888271

No changes in equipment.  No use to fix what ain't broke.............

Now my #1 tree....................... the one that 3 of the six bucks on my living room wall have been arrowed from................ is dead/dying.  So I'm going to have to decide on another tree in the nearby vicinity. There are a couple fair candidates.  But nothing that even comes close to the setup I am losing.  Bummed BIG TIME..............

You get a bulk employee discount on those Al?  lol  Those sure are nice stands, look pretty comfortable.

Dunno how much I will try to get out this fall during the archery season.  Probably try to at least get a couple sits in when it is cool enough the skeeters are not a factor.  Still need to get my crossbow in to an authorized barnett repair center.  

Funds are a little short this year, and it sounds like by daughters softball schedule is going to be pretty busy this fall so I have a feeling my bowhunting will be a little more limited this year. I think I am good on all of my equipment. I need to pick up half a dozen more arrows for sure. My Muck boots are getting up there in age, so a new pair of boots would be nice if i get around to it.

Dang Al...that's my kind of stand lol. The older I get makes it hard to sit in the cheaper stands anymore. That sucker looks comfy. I think my next stand will be a Millennium. I sat in one at the bow shop and the seats are by far the most comfortable for a hang on. 

28 minutes ago, MUDRUNNER said:

Dang Al...that's my kind of stand lol. The older I get makes it hard to sit in the cheaper stands anymore. That sucker looks comfy. I think my next stand will be a Millennium. I sat in one at the bow shop and the seats are by far the most comfortable for a hang on. 

Same thing for me.  The more comfortable the stand, the longer I'll stay in it.  I bought my 1st Millennium stand about 15 years ago when I used to go on "do it yourself" week long road trip bowhunts.  On those trips we had to set stands, hunt, and pull them at the end of the hunt.  On those kind of bowhunts there is no tomorrow so we stayed in a stand as much as possible every day.  The most comfortable stands I could get was a BIG asset on those bowhunts.  Since then Millennium stands are the only ones I'd buy.  About 3 years ago, a group of us formed an LLC and bought the company because we believed they was the most comfortable and safest stands on the market.

4 hours ago, Rhino said:

I do William...I get them at the same price they're sold to distributors.

I was just pickin Al.  Pretty darned cool you were able to buy the company.  They get first hand product testing from the owner, don't imagine that is the case for a lot of others.  

A new string on the Bear and a half dozen FMJs will be all for this year.  That and finding where the elk are or where they will be in September.  Age and a deteriorating back have made it a little bit harder to find the elk where I have any hopes of getting one out should luck come my way.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, Rhino said:

About the only new gear I'm getting for the 2017 season are 4 of these Millennium 360 hang on stands to set in Missouri and a 5th one to set in Mississippi.  Those along with stick ladders to go with each one of them.  I won't need to optional shooting stick though shown in the picture for bowhunting.

M360.png?t=1485888271

Hey, Al................... Do your property taxes go up when you hang one of those ??

:cool:

6 hours ago, wtnhunt said:

I was just pickin Al.  Pretty darned cool you were able to buy the company.  They get first hand product testing from the owner, don't imagine that is the case for a lot of others.  

They actually listen to what I have to say too William...sometimes. :D ;)  I'm the only avid deer hunter in the group of co-owners of Millennium.  Our CEO is an avid deer hunter too though.

LMBO at Don...the new 360 Revolution cost less than the Millennium 21' ladder stands.  Matter of fact that stand with a 20' stick ladder cost less than the L110 21' ladder stand.  Before we even considered trying to buy the company, I already had 11 of their 21' ladder stands.  Not sure how many Millennium hang-on stands I had then or have now.  I'd have to check my stand location/inventory list.  The first 2 Millennium hang-on stands I bought are still in use and yes...in good, safe condition to hunt out of too. 

• 2 weeks later...