TV Star Busted for Poaching

texastrophies

Agree with both of you.  Hope the Outdoor Channel drops them like a bad habit too!  Just my opinion but anyone fortunate to have their own hunting show should be setting a positive example for all hunters.  That's part of the responsibility that should come with the fame and publicity.

So this was the dad correct? The article didn't make it sound like much of an accident to me. Obviously after reading the article it's not this family's first time of having run ins with the DNR. That's one hunting show that I could just never get into. Like William said, it seems like a pretty minor penalty for this circumstance. A year and a half probation and 2 years of suspended hunting. I'm sure the monetary fine is nothing to him.

53 minutes ago, MUDRUNNER said:

So this was the dad correct?

Yes it was.  The cash fine is less than a slap on the wrist to him.  I had heard several years ago he was worth over $50,000,000.  According to google, his net worth is ~$100,000,000.

For what it's worth, this was posted on Wildgame Nation's facebook page 17 hours ago.  Appears they are making damage control decisions for Wildgame Innovation products.

"Wildgame Nation, a subsidiary of Plano Synergy, would like to share this message from CEO David E. Dudick in light of recent incidents. As a company, we are proud of our legacy, our diverse brands and our team. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practice of game hunting.

Important Message from David E. Dudick, Chief Executive Officer, Plano Synergy

Wildgame Innovations, a subsidiary of Plano Synergy, has a culture that is grounded in integrity, and respect for the outdoors. This comes with the expectation that we will always do the right thing. Our decisions will always reflect our commitments to our customers and consumers. The reported incidents in no way reflect upon the values of our Company, brands and employees. Our customers and consumers choose us because they appreciate our never-ending zeal to deliver high quality products and exceptional service.
We are currently gathering the facts surrounding this incident and offer the assurance of appropriate and swift action. We have a deep respect for law, tradition and the ethical practices of our sports. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practices of game hunting.
Every day we strive to be a company that is trustworthy, respectful and fair with our consumers, employees, customers and business partners. We ask for your trust and patience as we collect the facts and determine our next steps. We promise to keep you updated in a timely manner."

2 hours ago, Rhino said:

Yes it was.  The cash fine is less than a slap on the wrist to him.  I had heard several years ago he was worth over $50,000,000.  According to google, his net worth is ~$100,000,000.

Yeah that fine is a joke, why i think he should have seen jail time.  

Never honestly watched a single one of their shows start to finish, saw enough to know to go to flipping channels.   Did they call him "big Bill"?  

36 minutes ago, Mathews XT Man said:

Wont be hunting for a bit now will he?

Not in 45 of the 50 states Martin.  But with all the $ he has...can't rule out Canada or other countries like Africa and Argentina.  If I were worth $100MM, I'd be traveling for a couple of years.

Yah, I agree should have been a big fine at least $350,000, $1000 per inch. I quit watching those shows as well. There is one host of a hunting show in Canada, who's parents I believe own the channel that pays land owners big dollars for exclusive rights to hunt on their land taking any permission for away for the every day hunters like you and I. That is why I don't subscribe to that channel anymore. There are some Hillbillies up here that are going to fix him up, talk is, bear fat and the trimmings off of their hides will be scattered around the perimeter of the boughten access land to keep game animals out like deer, elk, moose. Or is that a Redneck thing. This person is also very very arrogant, when you see him at a gun or sportsman show he will just look at you and with get away from me look , then ignore you. I guess that's what happens in some cases when your a spoiled little rich kid, who's mommy and daddy give him anything he whines for without having to do a little hard work to get what he wants.

On 7/3/2017 at 11:12 AM, im your huckleberry said:

There are some Hillbillies up here that are going to fix him up, talk is, bear fat and the trimmings off of their hides will be scattered around the perimeter of the boughten access land to keep game animals out like deer, elk, moose. Or is that a Redneck thing. 

Yep...that certainly falls in with the other "you might be a redneck if" statements.  Bet it's one Jeff Foxworthy hasn't said yet though.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...