3D Leafy Suit vs Ghillie Suits

Spencer Moser

Welcome to RT! I have a similar leafy suit that I wear in the early season. I feel like it blends in a little better when there is still a decent amount of foliage. Plus it's not as hot to wear as some of my other camo if the temps are a little warm. Once the leaves drop I switch back to traditional camo.

13 hours ago, MUDRUNNER said:

Welcome to RT! I have a similar leafy suit that I wear in the early season. I feel like it blends in a little better when there is still a decent amount of foliage. Plus it's not as hot to wear as some of my other camo if the temps are a little warm. Once the leaves drop I switch back to traditional camo.

Mudrunner, love your username. Makes me think back to when I wasn't so old and fat, I ran a lot of 5-10k trail / mud runs. I agree early season archery is the best time to wear a leafy suit. 

4 hours ago, wtnhunt said:

Welcome to the forums.  

Never used either.  Have read good things about leafy suits, was going to pick up one at wally world last year on clearance after season ended, but they did not have my size.

I don't know if you have a gander mtn close by but I know the local one here had a ton of leafy and ghillie suits marked down like 75%

10 hours ago, Spencer Moser said:

Mudrunner, love your username. Makes me think back to when I wasn't so old and fat, I ran a lot of 5-10k trail / mud runs. 

LOL I actually here that quite often. I have done a battle ground mud run, but I just can't get into running or training for it. I do weight training three days a week, and that keeps me from getting too out of shape. I used to build 4X4 off road trucks with some buddies way back before a wife and three kids were in the picture. We would haul them around to mud races and boggs around the midwest and race....hence the Mudrunner.

16 hours ago, Spencer Moser said:

I don't know if you have a gander mtn close by but I know the local one here had a ton of leafy and ghillie suits marked down like 75%

Nearest gander store about 35-40 minutes away was not supposed to be closing, but looks like it probably is.  Last time we went in there about a month ago there was not much worth looking at and most of what they had that was of interest was marked waaaay up before they put the clearance prices on.  Even after clearance priced 30-50% off what they had was still cheaper at cabelas.