1st. crossbow harvest

VermontHunter

After all of the eye surgeries I finally had to hang the compound bow up and move to the crossbow world. I looked at many makes and models and with a lot of help with the finances, I finally bough a Tenpoint Turbo GT, expensive but with the warranty and service agreement, I think the price may be justified, but this is all new to me.

Took it out for our Vermont archery opener and with a short sit on stand got to break her in with a 40 yrd. shot on a great doe, she went about 50-60 yrds. and ended up in a deep ravine, YEAH lucky me ... good thing for Rangers with winches ... :p .. lol

I have to admit I'm kind of liking this crossbow hunting, even if they are heavy as all get out.  :)

2017Doe.jpg

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

nice job Luke.  wish they'd have full inclusion into deer seasons for crossbows here in NY and i don't even own one.

Thank You .. I don't understand why many are fighting so hard to keep another means of hunting out of the hunting world, just baffles my mind. I for one have never seen anything wrong with any legal means of hunting. I found out in a very quick fashion crossbows not unlike anything else has it's pros and cons ... I think you would enjoy the crossbow world as I do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, VermontHunter said:

Love the crown on her head ... :)

Funny you noticed that. A lot of deer in this area seemed to have this on their forehead. Then again she was the older doe in the group. They say, if you can get to her, then you can get to any buck in the area! ;) LOL

• 6 months later...