kinda cool

wtnhunt

Sitting in a stand along the old river channel one morning a few days ago it was kinda slow. I had seen one doe early on going from my right to left towards our field with food plots.  About an hour and a half later I flip the can call over twice. Within just a few minutes there are half a dozen deer busting out from the heavy brush across the channel down in front of me.  I sit watching as the deer make their way around behind me and towards the back of our property.  

Then something smaller catches my eyes following the same path the deer had taken and first thought through the trees was a yote so up goes my rifle immediately.   I wait for what I thought was a yote to come out from behind tree it stopped behind ready to kill it and i see when it steps out that it is instead about a 20 lb bobcat.  I have seen plenty of bobcats in the past even have one i killed mounted.  Here is the cool part as i turn and put my gun down on my lap i see another bobcat in front of me about the same size.  Anyway thought it was pretty cool seeing two together, not sure if they were just passing along and bumped the deer or if the can may have had anything to do with it.  

On 12/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, Dawg said:

I’d have slung lead at both of em lol 

lol.  Yeah Corey, if I did not already have one mounted I might have.  Figure the cats are doing what the yotes can't with regards to the nasty hen turkeys that hide in the spring then eat/hammer my food plot seed in the fall.  

On 12/13/2017 at 7:14 PM, Mathews XT Man said:

get them on cam once in awhile, saw one chase a bunny once

Have video of one walking across my back field during our youth hunt several years ago carrying a rabbit.  Dunno if I would be able to get it to share here now since photobucket changed their structure and charges.