Favorite Turkey Vest?

Born4it

I've used the Primos Gobbler Vest for several years, and it's great for storage, but fairly bulky and not sure I need all the extra weight.  I'll have 2 pot calls, 4 strikers, several mouth calls, couple locator calls, shells, tags, Kleenex, and a couple other small things.  Thinking about a Knight & Hale Run & Gun.  What do you all like?

God bless,
Ryan

The Knight & Hale RNG-200 looks like a good one.  Personally, I've never seen the need for one.  Calls go in cargo pockets on pants and an old padded seat I purchased years ago for less than $10 hangs from my belt.  A couple of shells in another pocket and I'm set.  Some of those vests go for well over $100 and I'm getting more minimalist all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elkoholic said:

The Knight & Hale RNG-200 looks like a good one.  Personally, I've never seen the need for one.  Calls go in cargo pockets on pants and an old padded seat I purchased years ago for less than $10 hangs from my belt.  A couple of shells in another pocket and I'm set.  Some of those vests go for well over $100 and I'm getting more minimalist all the time.

Yep, I agree...been reducing the amount of stuff I carry every year, but end up covering quite a bit of ground, and our birds are ornery, so I still carry a pretty good handful of things to throw at em to see what works.  Thanks for the replies!

I'm like Strut...no vest at all.  I have a small fanny pack for a few items and water.  Other than that, my old Ol Tom turkey hunting outfits have more than enough pockets for what I need.  If I were to get a turkey vest, it would be an Ol Tom vest.

• Like 1