The 3-16 check in thread

MUDRUNNER

So it looks like I may have to work a few hours again tomorrow....blah. Tonight my wife & daughter have some sort of fundraiser for a friend of ours to attend, so it will just be the boys and me. Sunday Emma has a little round robin tournament for her first outdoor tournament of the spring as long as the rain stays away.

What's up with everybody else this weekend?

Our 16 and 12 year old daughters have had some sort of respiratory crud, they are supposed to go to do some volunteer work with the wife at the horse riding academy tomorrow, but dunno if they will go.  Our 12 year old has missed school the past 3 days so I know she won't be going.  If it is not too wet and cold, I will take my son and try to do some work outside.   Should have some cows ready to calve soon, so will be checking on them.  Not too long back TN passed legislation to not comply with federal law with regards to black vultures, in other words it is legal to kill them in TN.  They have been a big problem killing calves.  Been a LOT of them hanging around the bottom here lately, last thing we need is the rotten buzzards killing newborn calves, so.......  Need to ride around and do some walking this weekend to see if we have any new beaver sign, killed a couple and busted their dam a couple weeks ago and they had not been back as of yesterday.

Well I am working the weekend of night shifts once again. going to be cold here tonight dropping down to -12c plus wind chill so maybe work is a good place to be. not much else going on the deer seem to be every where including the front bumper on my truck....just as I was sliding to a stop I bumped the fawn and missed the doe by 2 feet....very close call.

Pretty quiet weekend for us so far. We were spoiled with 40-55 degree temps all of February and lost all our snow. Well winter returned the past couple weeks. Have some snow back and the past few days has been quite raw with the wind. Beautiful morning here now. No wind but it's -5F. High in the mid 20s. Might try and get the snowmobile out for a run today, looks like warmer weather is trending the next 2 weeks so I better enjoy it while I can.

Rain here again so staying indoors.  I picked up my son's 2 shoulder mounts Friday afternoon (Kudu and Gemsbok) from out 2016 Africa hunt.  I'm driving to Memphis, TN this afternoon to deliver them to him.  Returning home Monday morning.  Since the weather looks favorable for turkey hunting Wednesday & Thursday, I'll go for my 2nd MS gobbler.  Killed my 1st one on opening day this past Thursday (turkey tale in turkey hunting forum).