Turkey season

Good luck and safe travels with your upcoming hunt Tim.  Season opens here this weekend, and sure there are some birds around, had a couple tom's with ground dragging beards on trail cams back before I pulled the cams.  Likely if I happen to get out to hunt anything this spring will have a .223 in my hands with target being yotes, still have a few problems to take care of with beaver too.

Went out this past Saturday listening and heard 20-25 gobbling birds.

Woke up to 6"+ of snow this morning............................hard to get real fired up about anything just yet.  Season doesn't open here til April 28th.  I am excited, though, to take Pickle out on kids' day April 21st.

Then, if everything goes as planned, I'll be headed to WY/NE to chase some Merriam's with my brother.

7 minutes ago, Strut10 said:

Went out this past Saturday listening and heard 20-25 gobbling birds.

Woke up to 6"+ of snow this morning............................hard to get real fired up about anything just yet.  Season doesn't open here til April 28th.  I am excited, though, to take Pickle out on kids' day April 21st.

Then, if everything goes as planned, I'll be headed to WY/NE to chase some Merriam's with my brother.

Good luck and have a safe trip Don.  

• 1 month later...