Here comes the heat

Muff

3 hours ago, wtnhunt said:

Been hot here for a good while now, don't think we really had a spring season.  Been a little breezy the past few days making the humidity a little less brutal, but still have had heat advisories.  

Same down here in southeast TX.  Been hot and muggy for a few months now.  Heat index yesterday was 107.

5 hours ago, wtnhunt said:

Been hot here for a good while now, don't think we really had a spring season.  Been a little breezy the past few days making the humidity a little less brutal, but still have had heat advisories.  

Same here in Illinois. We went from one of the coldest Aprils on record to one of the hottest Mays on record. We caught a little break last weekend, but outside of that we have been above average temperature wise for almost two months straight. We've almost hit 100 a handful of times....I can't wait for fall.

Well today was not as bad as they were calling for but I started up the air anyway when the house was cool so it didn't have to work so hard to bring the temps down. now for the rest of the weekend they are calling for it to feel like 105..... man oh man does it make it hot here in the plant.

Well I hope the heat will break tonight....they are calling for thunder storms over night and a big temp swing coming Friday night. Its been crazy hot here and that makes the plant I work in wicked hot. had a few beer after work last night and I don't think I tasted the first 2....lol

Temp was 99 and heat index was 120 here in eastern Ontario on Sunday. Broke the all time record at the Ottawa airport! Been hot ever since. Right now its 95 feeling like 111. I was putting an engine in a Seadoo at work today, thought I was gonna die. 

Looks like we are getting a break for a few days. Tomorrow night is a low of 50. I think I'm gonna sleep outside and take it all in lol. 

Bought a pool on Sunday for Emma, just a 12' wide 30" high quick set. Water out of the well was 55 degrees when I filled it and now its 82. 1500 gallons of water sure warmed up in this heat! Speaking of pool I think that's where I'm headed right now!

22 minutes ago, Shaun_300 said:

Temp was 99 and heat index was 120 here in eastern Ontario on Sunday. Broke the all time record at the Ottawa airport! Been hot ever since. Right now its 95 feeling like 111. I was putting an engine in a Seadoo at work today, thought I was gonna die. 

Looks like we are getting a break for a few days. Tomorrow night is a low of 50. I think I'm gonna sleep outside and take it all in lol. 

Bought a pool on Sunday for Emma, just a 12' wide 30" high quick set. Water out of the well was 55 degrees when I filled it and now its 82. 1500 gallons of water sure warmed up in this heat! Speaking of pool I think that's where I'm headed right now!

Wow, that is crazy for you guys to be getting indexes that high Shaun.  Been pretty miserable heat indexes here, but not quite that bad.  Bad when the air feels thick, even in the shade.  

We often this time of year end up pumping water out of the pool or have the kids splash a lot out while running water in from the well. No idea how warm the water was yesterday, but it was up there.