Friday check-in/ June check-out

MUDRUNNER

Last Friday check in of the month. What's the weekend plans for everybody?

No sporting events for the kids this weekend so that's a needed break. Most likely I'll have to work tomorrow. It's supposed to be around 100 the next few days here, so probably won't be doing much outdoors. We have tickets to the Cardinal's game on Sunday so looking forward to that.

Headed to work shortly til 2 then probably cut the lawn when I get home if it's not storming. Really hot and humid here in Ontario too! Highs between 95 and 100 with heat indexes between 110 and 120. Guess they weren't kidding when they said it was going to be a really hot summer for us. Canada day is tomorrow. Having some friends over for a BBQ and going into town to watch the fireworks. 

Was out in this rotten heat most the day today.  Finished up what I was able to bushhog this morning and swapped over to the tiller behind the tractor.  Was about to take back off and noticed a puddle under the tractor, after cleaning everything up enough id'd the leak, an o ring on the line going in the pump.  It was 11:45 then, closest dealer about 45 minutes away and closed at noon so will be Monday before I can get it back going.  Done with that tractor for the day, so moved on to mowing the yard and doing some cleaning up with the little tractor.  Mixed up a tank full of roundup and sprayed bean plots checked the one camera I have running.  Not had a decent buck on camera yet this year.    

Holding down the recliner in the AC for the remainder of the day.  Nothing planned for tomorrow, may spend most the afternoon in the pool with the kids.

I am doing a 5 night stretch here....one more to go after tonight....normally I like my night shifts but this is Canada day weekend here and my whole family is doing things all weekend and I am stuck in here.....oh well I am off Monday morning and picking up a load of ribs to do on the BBQ.......RIBS and BEER will make me feel better....CHEERS all have a good weekend.

Much cooler today but raining.

I was hoping to get a trench dug. Have to cut the blacktop driveway along the house and pull the asphalt up then hand dig  12" deep trench below that. Only about 20' though so not too bad. But I no sooner started and the rain came back.

Concrete man is coming  7/12 to pour the slab for a new 30'X33' garage  + apron. Am putting new 100 amp service to garage. Direct bury wire.

I've been 2 years without a garage here at home.

We added on to the house and the old 1 car garage had to go.

Just now, Ultradog said:

Much cooler today but raining.

We added on to the house and the old 1 car garage had to go.

PS,

I hated to just tear the garage down. It needed paint but was structurally sound.

So I picked it up and put it on my trailer and hauled it 120 miles to our property.

I just set it on treated 2x6s on a gravel pad. Cheap storage.

20161023_105524.jpg

20161024_135402.jpg

35 minutes ago, Ultradog said:

I just set it on treated 2x6s on a gravel pad

Been having issues here with termites getting into treated wood laying on the ground, even in posts and utility poles.  Know that they are not supposed to, but they do.  Would not hurt to saturate those treated 2x's with a termiticide.  Reminds me I need to mix up some and spray my shed posts.  

Well, when I walked out of work on Saturday, I officially joined the ranks of the retired.  Checked out June and 65 years.  Many have asked me what it is I plan on doing with all my time.  My answer; I plan on relishing the simple joy of doing nothing.  Not that I'll be doing nothing, but there will certainly be no time line to get whatever I'm doing, done.  In the coming weeks there is a trip to the east (NJ and PA) to visit family and that may encompass most of July.  Then in August I'm taking my son and granddaughter for a tour of Yellowstone Park and then archery antelope opens August 15th.  Sept. 2nd archery elk and deer begins and I suspect that will be the beginning of 3 months of hunting.  Yep, a lot to do, but, nothing I have to do.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:44 PM, elkoholic said:

Well, when I walked out of work on Saturday, I officially joined the ranks of the retired.  Checked out June and 65 years.  Many have asked me what it is I plan on doing with all my time.  My answer; I plan on relishing the simple joy of doing nothing.  Not that I'll be doing nothing, but there will certainly be no time line to get whatever I'm doing, done.  In the coming weeks there is a trip to the east (NJ and PA) to visit family and that may encompass most of July.  Then in August I'm taking my son and granddaughter for a tour of Yellowstone Park and then archery antelope opens August 15th.  Sept. 2nd archery elk and deer begins and I suspect that will be the beginning of 3 months of hunting.  Yep, a lot to do, but, nothing I have to do.

Enjoy your retirement Dave.  Congratulations.