weatherby vanguard?

wtnhunt

At walmart this morning noticed they still had some clearance rifles, some of those have been in the case for months. Hadn't really been in the market for a new rifle and had not looked close the past few times I have been in there, but was looking for the new reg book at the counter and my temptation got the better of me leading me to look a little closer at these.  Not really familiar with the weatherby's, so looked at the weatherby site a little while ago and not really sure which model this was.  I think if I was looking at the tags right that the original price was $649, and they had a couple down to $469, these are with matte wood stocks and matte barrel, would this be the sporter model and if so are the sporter models that walmart sells also gonna have the sub moa accuracy guarantee?  Is the $469 price a great price or just good price on these.  

• 3 weeks later...

At $469, I'd probably jump on one.

Both my older kids started with Vanguards in .308 Win.  My boy's is EASILY a sub-MOA gun.  My daughter's is INSANE !!!  With a "nothing special" handload, it 's a legitimate 1/4 MOA shooter for 3 shots at 100 yards.  

My sister shoots one in .300 Win Mag and my brother has one in .300 Wby Mag.  Very good rifles, all. 

Thanks for the replies, answers.  Next planned rifle was going to be a rem 700 cdl sf, but I may end up with one of these howa/weatherby's.  Last time I got in the store the $469 rifles were not there, but they had some for $499 that were with glossy stock and glossy barrel.  Was a ghost town in sporting goods, I was going to ask what calibers they had left, but could not find anyone back there.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...