Trap shooting ( my new obsession)

Trevor

Anybody on here do any recreation or competition trap shooting. A couple years ago I went to a local club to give it a try just with a field gun and love it so much that I joined the club and bought a Browning bt-99 trap gun and have be obsessed with the sport. I shoot at least once a week and joined a winter league that shoots at 5 different clubs through the winter. My club is hosting the Canadian Trapshooting championship this summer and looking forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Mathews XT Man said:

Nope, cant say I share your passion. Shot clays at home for practice. Never acquired the taste for those little birds...a bit crunchy texture, then you get those little orange pieces stuck in your teeth...?

If you're leaving orange pieces, you ain't hittin' em hard enough.    ?

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2018 at 8:53 AM, hammerforged said:

I shoot Trap twice a week and Sporting Clays to tune up for Pheasant and Quail hunting.  My favorite Trap game is Blackout - shot at night with the clay pigeon trap machine throwing white clays.  A wicked challenge.

I also like using automatic throwers. I work as a shotgun coach and have many throwers over the years. Single pile champion pitchers in the $ 500 range are only suitable for one or two people, and I can't guarantee the purchase of a new champion Wheelybird thrower, and worry that they may sacrifice quality to compete with cheap Do All. But from my experience, I would buy cheap champion pitchers instead of cheap all.