I finally did it

NS whitetail

Here in Canada we are not allowed to conceal and carry. Our firearm laws are strict. This past June I went and took the restricted firearm course and yesterday I finally bought something I’ve always wanted. We are only allowed to shoot handguns at a gun range / club here in Canada. I bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 mm. I’m excited to go and try her out. 

06FD3BBD-D33F-438F-9702-53CE7552D515.jpeg

Have fun with it Lewis. Bought my wife a 9 mm shield a few years ago, surprised me how accurate it is.  Everything we tried from the gun cycled and grouped well, the Israeli self defense ammo groups very well too and last i checked was considerably cheaper than the comparable name branded stuff.

That's a LITTLE better.  Yep.

I know a feller up there told me 10 or so years ago that to own a handgun you had to take a restricted course, belong to a shooting club, and submit a travel plan to the ministry EVERY time you went to shoot...……….when you intended to leave home...…….what your travel plan was to the club...……..how long you would be there...……….travel plan home...……...what time you expected to arrive home...……..and you had to go to the club and back home.  No other stops.

SHEESH !!!!!!!

7 hours ago, NS whitetail said:

I just looked it up , i can get 1000 rounds of Tula ammo for $149. Is Tula ammo any good ? 

First off. Congrats on the purchase. I have a S&W shield and it cycled everything I have fed it. I am confident it will go bang and hit where I point it when I need it to.

Tula ammo is Russian made steel case ammo. I have shot a lot of it in .223 with the AR's and it worked fine but dirty. The steel case does tend to be hard on the extractor. Brass cases expand and contract better than steel. So the extractor needs to work a bit harder to get the spent shell out of the chamber. We have used it when we shoot full auto down in Texas when we get the class 3 weapons out( full auto). The UZI, FN FAL eats everything we fed it. Even the steel case. I have shot it in .45 and it makes my 1911 very dirty. Other ammo burns better and cleaner.

I have no idea about your ammo laws. But I have made many purchases from Targetsportusa.com and Palmettostatearmory.com

Ammoseek.com is another site that tells you where the best buys are. Have fun and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking gun! I didn't realize they changed the laws. I don't have my restricted licence. Only handgun I've ever shot was one of my cousin's. He's a police officer with the OPP and we took his pistol he carries on duty to the range one day. I think it was a SIG. I know it was 40 S&W. Fun to shoot! Took like 13lbs of trigger pull to fire the first round off then 7lbs or something for the rest. He said that's so you "KNOW" you're going to shoot and no trigger slips lol. Then he shot my uncle's rifle for the first time and got scoped. Had to take him to the hospital to get 10+ stitches in his forehead LOL. Boy he still takes a ribbing for that one.