Any NHL fans here?

DowninWhiteys

How many of you folks are fans of an NHL team or like hockey in general? Anyone keeping up with the Stanley Cup Playoffs?  got a favorite team to root for or somebody you'd like to see win instead of somebody else? I root for the Detroit Red Wings, but since they haven't had much success the last 3 or 4 years I've been rooting for the Washington Capitals or for anybody that eliminates the Pittsburgh Penguins or the Tampa Bay Lightning LOL. I'm not hardcore or anything, I just love the intensity of playoff hockey and watching everyone battle so hard.  I can understand if you don't watch because it's hard to either follow the puck or you don't like seeing the fighting, but there is something about the players  leaving  bone-jarring hits physical intimidation or meteing out on Ice Justice, especially if the league can't or won't crack down on stupid penalties and bad hits. Anyways go capitals hope they can beat the hurricanes and move on and continue their defense of the Stanley Cup.

1 hour ago, Muff said:

There are not many Hockey fans here....BUT me being Canadian I played all my life and cheer for the Sens...not to much to cheer about this year oh well. The play offs are always great to watch even more so if your team is playing.

Oh yeah I know looks like there's a lot of NASCAR fans and it's been like that for a long time, but sometimes there's other people who are looking for something to jibber jabber about but the topic hasn't been brought up, LOL.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, you'll LOVE me, then...………………….      ?

Pens season ticket holder, here.  I've got a lot of free time, now...……   But the Pens sure saved me a bunch of money in playoff tickets.

At this point, I'm hoping for the Leafs.  Can not STAND the Craps and it hurt me to the core to see Infection hoist the cup (I actually didn't even see it...…… I turned it off).  Can't stand Chara the Goon or Marchand the Weasel, so the B's are on that list.  And John Tortorella is a single-cell life form, at best.    He's a jagov (check the Pittsburghese dictionary, need be) and his Blue Jackets (with Dubinsky leading the way) are on that list, as well.

So, GO LEAFS !!!!   Or ANYBODY but the Craps, B's or BJ's ………………………….   ?

Oh yea!! Played a little bit of hockey growing up. We didn't have as much organized hockey down here back then, so played a lot of pond hockey. Now we have 3 rinks within 45 minutes of us. Now my 5 year old is getting into it and he's been skating, & will probably start some learn to play this fall or winter.

I've been a life long Blues fan, and try to go to a couple of games a year. Our first half of the season was a disaster, but looks like we're putting it together and been on a roll since January. The Jets were the only team in the west that had me worried & we handled them, so hopefully we make it to the Cup final. Blues are overdue for a Cup!

LOL man I used to watch the Red Green Show. Some classic stuff for sure. I didn't realize they made so many episodes.

Crazy game between the Golden Knights & Sharks last night. Knights winning 3-0 in the third and take a bad major penalty. Sharks proceed to score 4 goals on a 5 minute power play & win it in overtime.

On 4/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, Strut10 said:

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, you'll LOVE me, then...………………….      ?

Pens season ticket holder, here.  I've got a lot of free time, now...……   But the Pens sure saved me a bunch of money in playoff tickets.

At this point, I'm hoping for the Leafs.  Can not STAND the Craps and it hurt me to the core to see Infection hoist the cup (I actually didn't even see it...…… I turned it off).  Can't stand Chara the Goon or Marchand the Weasel, so the B's are on that list.  And John Tortorella is a single-cell life form, at best.    He's a jagov (check the Pittsburghese dictionary, need be) and his Blue Jackets (with Dubinsky leading the way) are on that list, as well.

So, GO LEAFS !!!!   Or ANYBODY but the Craps, B's or BJ's ………………………….   ?

The craps is an apt description for the capitals. One magical season and then they revert back to their old ways LOL.

BTW the Wings loss in 2009 to Cindy and Jennie and Co. still stings?

11 hours ago, DowninWhiteys said:

The craps is an apt description for the capitals. One magical season and then they revert back to their old ways LOL.

BTW the Wings loss in 2009 to Cindy and Jennie and Co. still stings?

Aww, come on...…….    The butt hurt has to fade after 10 years.   ?

The Wings just got what they had coming from 2008.   

• 2 weeks later...

Blues move on to the Western Conference final! The Stars gave them a good fight, but the Blues really dominated last night. It was a good showing for a couple of St. Louis kids. Ben Bishop was unreal in net for the Stars, & Patrick maroon with the double overtime game winner. Avs & Sharks game 7 is tonight, so we'll find out who we're beating in the next round.