Home the hunter from the field

hammerforged

I have returned from Texas where I participated in two different fundraisers - one for Honor Flight and another for Wounded Veterans and the Central Texas Children's Hospital.  At the end of the second event I traveled to the Boerne, Texas area where a friend's dad has a cattle ranch and has a small Axis problem with free range Axis eating the grass for hs cattle.  Connected on a nice Axis Buck in Velvet.  95 yard shot, he took three steps and dropped.  The rancher had a contraption he used to weigh his calves with, so we muscled this big boy into the sling and weighed him before we field dressed him - 250 lbs. on the nose.  I will be getting a shoulder mount and the hide tanned.  The Ruger American Predator coupled with the Tract Optics did not fail.  This deer was so clean, not a tick or mark on him. Unfortunately Adjam5 and I could not hook up this trip, hopefully next year as the ranch owner has assured me I am welcome back at anytime to help him with his problem.

First Axis.jpg

Hide.jpg

Edited by hammerforged