May 3 check-in

MUDRUNNER

It's finally Friday....what's on the agenda?

Not a whole lot going on around here this weekend. Emma was supposed to be in a high school softball tournament, but we've had a ton of rain over the last 10 days so everything is cancelled. We have someone coming to look at our camper tonight so hopefully we get that sold. I need to mow weather the grass is dry enough or not since it looks like rain again all next week. If I can sneak away for an afternoon I might go out & try to find a few mushrooms.

Woke up at 3 a.m. to a bad ''FARM" nightmare, water cups overflowing, cows not bred back and not producing well....

NO WAY was any more sleep coming...so off to work, turned the key on the job at 3:45, worked till 11 and serviced machine Eng oil and fuel filters. came home to work in yard. Sun is shining...wow  70 degrees

Field work to start SOON!

Saturday is a parade day for our girls, so will be watching them march.  Christina is bringing the baby over to visit Saturday afternoon and have other company also supposed to be coming, so will likely not get much done.  Will need to mow sometime this weekend if it is dry enough.  

Need to figure out what I am doing with our 20+ year old above ground pool that is almost all the way drained.  It needs a new liner, a new skimmer, new pump, sand redone, and probably more.  May be time to just be done with it.  Hate throwing money into it at this point.  

There's lawn mowing to do and some brush to clear.  Even with the colder weather early in the week the grass has been growing at an alarming rate.  I also need to get the studded tires off the truck.  The summer tires are on rims so it's just a matter of getting it done.  Probably do a little hunting if the wind quiets down as the turkeys are starting to wander more.  It is amazing how much ground a turkey will cover in a day.  There's two more weeks to connect on a turkey and til the end of the month for black bear.  I'm getting kind of picky on what I'll shoot so probably won't fill either tag, but maybe.

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Joe. Prayers sent buddy.

Actually a nice weekend here weather wise. Was about 63 degrees today and sunny, supposed to be closer to 70 tomorrow and 72 Monday! Got the lawn tractor out today and changed the oil in it, cleaned up the yard and the field a bit. Lawn is ready to mow for the first time this year so I'll probably do that tomorrow. Probably get the summer wheels and tires on the fiancee's Terrain and change the oil in it. Other than that, not a whole lot. Just going to enjoy the nice weather! Been a really cool and wet spring for us so far.

Saturday my son and I  used a chainsaw to clear a 1 acre field for a fall food plot. Also established more of a trail system. Today I celebrate a friends promotion to Lt Colonel (US Air Force) then back to the land this evening to use my other friends tractor to brush hog the field I cleared Saturday.