May 10 Friday thread-Happy Mother's Day

MUDRUNNER

It's May 10th, but feels more like November. Woke up to 45 degrees this morning & had to kick the furnace on for a bit. High School softball continues here. Emma is in a tournament tonight & tomorrow. She has had a really good spring so far playing third base & batting around .600 on JV. Rain is supposed to move in tomorrow night into Sunday. No real plans for Mother's day. I will mow if the yard is dry enough, & probably make a nice dinner for my bride. We're doing some car shopping, so may go look at a few SUV's this weekend as well.

It cooled off severely here too late this week. It was 77 degrees on Monday and 72 on Tuesday. Opening up the gates at work Thursday morning, it was snowing. Then 2 days of cold rain. Nice this weekend so far. Mid to high 50s and sunny.

Not doing much this weekend. Took Emma and our golden retriever Gus to my brothers house today and had a play date with his two new German shepherd puppies. Then went and visited my parents for a bit.

Trying to prepare myself for Monday morning. Resignation notice is going into work. Not working out like I had hoped, found another marina with a really good reputation about 20 minutes south of Ottawa, right on the Rideau river. More money, better benefits and many other perks. Looking forward to the change! It will be a 45 minute commute instead of 25. But not worried about that. Being on the road doesn't bother me! Always hate leaving a place, but I know I have to look out for myself over them.

Jeez Martin.....8" of snow in mid may is getting ridiculous even by northern standards lol. I talked to a buddy up in southern Minnesota where I used to live & he said they had a couple of inches last week as well. Been a crazy spring. It never made it over 50 here this past weekend, but supposed to be 85 here by Friday.

I know exactly where your coming from Shaun. I'm pretty close to doing a job switch myself for a lot of the same reasons. My commute will be about the same as yours as well. Sometimes you just got to think about the future & where you'll be happy. I've been at the same job for 21 years, but it's not the same as it used to be here anymore. Good luck!

22 hours ago, MUDRUNNER said:

Jeez Martin.....8" of snow in mid may is getting ridiculous even by northern standards lol. I talked to a buddy up in southern Minnesota where I used to live & he said they had a couple of inches last week as well. Been a crazy spring. It never made it over 50 here this past weekend, but supposed to be 85 here by Friday.

I know exactly where your coming from Shaun. I'm pretty close to doing a job switch myself for a lot of the same reasons. My commute will be about the same as yours as well. Sometimes you just got to think about the future & where you'll be happy. I've been at the same job for 21 years, but it's not the same as it used to be here anymore. Good luck!

Yup for sure! Not very pleasant getting up and not wanting to go to work in the morning. Notice went in yesterday morning. It's amazing how badly an employer shows that they want to keep you after you put a resignation notice in. 

Onto bigger and better things on the 27th!