Last May check-in

MUDRUNNER

Another month in the books. Today is the last day at my job. As happy as I am to move on to other things it's a little sad to know this is it. I've been here for over 21 years, so it's kind of an end of an era. I start my new job on Monday at Gulfstream Aviation as a sheet metal mechanic for airplanes.

Emma has a softball tournament this weekend, so that will keep us occupied all weekend. At least it's a fairly local tournament. Her normal team doesn't start until next weekend, so she's filling in with an older 18U team this weekend.

I'll be headed out for the last afternoon of black bear season in a couple of hours.  Not much chance of seeing a bear that I'll want to take, but I might get lucky.  This weekend will be mostly lawn mowing and gardening chores.  It is also time to get serious about getting wood cut for next winter before the hot weather sets in and makes it a hot, drudgery of a job.

6 hours ago, MUDRUNNER said:

Another month in the books. Today is the last day at my job. As happy as I am to move on to other things it's a little sad to know this is it. I've been here for over 21 years, so it's kind of an end of an era. I start my new job on Monday at Gulfstream Aviation as a sheet metal mechanic for airplanes.

Starting a new chapter keeps the book of life interesting.  May your next one be a fulfilling experience.

Good luck with the new job Tim.

Looks like some outside work for me over the weekend.  Our garden this year is sad, major downsizing and still has been neglected.  I keep threatening to not plant one.  Have probably 4 hours worth of other yardwork, mowing and cleaning up to do. Have several spots I need to hit with roundup, noticed the nasty ivy growing in some new spots around the yard that the kids walk barefooted. Our car is due for an oil change too.  Probably be plenty of other odds and ends stuff.   

Supposed to be not quite as hot here, would like to do some shooting, dunno if time will permit.  

I’ve been crazy busy at work as it hasn’t stopped raining here in southern Ontario for about 4 weeks and working for a basement waterproofing contract this weather has kept us busy. The farmers here are getting concerned as it’s late in the season and not to many corps have been planted. Trap shooting season is in full swing so I have been shooting every weekend the past few weekend and there is a shoot on Sunday at a local club that I’m going to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am working nights this weekend....spent this morning watching my youngest play rugby....she got player of the game in the first game but in the second game she got taken down and sprained her ankle..... poor kid will be off her feet for a few days. weather here is still cold and wet and Lake Ontario just keeps coming up more and more everyday my shore line disappears a little more everyday. I have had some hard days the past 2 weeks....just when I think I am healing for the sudden death of my mother someone brings it up or I see something or hear something that reminds me of her. I have taken to walking every day off I have to help clear my mind and it seems to be helping a little.   

Good luck with the new job!

I just finished my first week at my new job, couldn't be happier! It's so nice working on the water, get to test drive every boat I work on to ensure it is up to par. Staff and management are amazing people to work with. I really hit a gold mine with this one. I could easily see myself staying here til I retire! Worked 55 hours my first week and will probably do the same next week. Time and a half in Ontario after 44/week, so the overtime is pretty sweet!