7-26 Friday check-in

elkoholic

I guess everyone melted away in the heat.  Last July check-in and it just seems that this year is flying by.

This weekend I plan on getting some staining done if the weather holds for another day.  It seems like every time the wood on the deck and balcony was just about dry, it would rain again.  Also, need to start prioritizing chores to be done before hunting season as there is just 6 weeks before the archery opener and I'm not going to want to do them if I can go hunting instead.  Managed to get another camera up in the mountains yesterday and need to go change out the SD card on another one.  Maybe some fishing in the works too.

CHRISTmas orders are starting to roll in, so getting a jump this year.  Planning on a stew with some of the Axis stew meat tomorrow, just got back from the farmer's market with some fresh corn, green beans, red potatoes, celery, a big beautiful Vidalia onion and some fresh carrots.  Should be some good eatin'.

Have a lot of outside stuff to try to catch up on.  May have to mow the yard high and mow it again a little lower.  Probably try to check plots and the one camera I have out at some point.  

Broke a universal on the driveshaft on my bushhog, got a new one and got the cap on one side drove in and realized after the other cap would not line up that the shaft yokes are slightly bent.  Now cannot get the cap back out.  May try to work on that, but probably gonna end up having to take it to a machine shop.

Just trying to stay cool. In the mid 90s with the heat index this weekend. Not as bad as the 116 last weekend but still warm for this canuck! Trying to get some stuff done in the house before the baby arrives. He is due August 15th but Momma doesn't think she is going to go that long. We'll see. Going to try and get the crib together tonight and all the baby stuff out of the attic. She already has her bag and the diaper bag packed for the hospital, and Emma's bag ready to go to Grandma and Pa's while we are at the hospital. She sure is excited to meet her little brother! 

Other than that, not much on this weekend. I was off a little early from work yesterday because I had to do something in the city. Got home at around 3pm and put a high performance camshaft in my truck. Had it running shortly before 10pm. Sounds good now and way more power. Just waiting for the PCM to come back from Idaho with the new tune in it for the cam and it will run even better. Not sure when this performance kick is going to end, probably never lol. Once that is in your blood it's there for good. 

My bride is out of town for a week. She went to Estes Park in CO for a family reunion. I opted not to go.

I painted a bunch of tractor parts yesterday. Some of my own and some for my tractor buddy, Ken.

Today I want to do a few honey dos  for her in the main bathroom. Another towel bar and a glass shelf above the sink for her makeup, etc.

Oh, and change the light fixtures above the mirror.

She'll be happy to see them when she gets home. Maybe make me a Colorado Peach pie. Ummm

20190727_180357.jpg