That time again!

Ravin R10 man

September 5th is the opener here and if one had the tag, the archery antelope season started this past Saturday on the east side of the divide.  With temps running high 90s to low 100s this week it would be some tough hunting.  Hopefully it starts cooling off before the 5th of Sept., but I've hunted elk on Labor Day weekend in 100 degree temps in prior years.  Broiling heat or early snow it won't be long now.

It was a chilly one Saturday morning! Got into the low 40s, I think. Then it got hot as the day progressed. Spent a great weekend chasing antelope, and I hope to get back out again, but I'm more than ready for archery deer top open up September 1st. Love this time of year!

I swapped out one stand with a tree lounge this year. It's a stand I hunt alot during the rut. May as well be comphy, it has all the side chill pads, lumbar pad, and pillow. Like sitting in my lazy boy.  Got an oversized umbrella set up so nothing gets soaked. Even built an expanded metal catwalk, to make it easy and safe to step into it. if i get a chance I will get photos.

Our opener is October 3rd.  I won't hunt until about the first of November.  But, I'm currently in a bind.............    Been having tendonitis or something similar in my right elbow AND my right shoulder is jacked up, too.  I'm afraid to even try shooting my bow at this point.   Gonna go see the chiropractor tomorrow night.  Maybe he can help.

On 8/25/2020 at 5:46 PM, Strut10 said:

Our opener is October 3rd.  I won't hunt until about the first of November.  But, I'm currently in a bind..

Hopefully you are healed and ready to go by November.  You may need a steroid injection or two to get you on the right track.  I know a guy here who gets a steroid shot in his shoulder every year to make it through bow season.  He just can't shake the bursitis that has plagued him for years.

23 hours ago, Mathews XT Man said:

most guys would be considering a Crossbow, but if I remember, you are not a fan of them. 

I'll quit first.

If I can't shoot my bow........and I turn it down as far as it'll go............. I'll shoot my 15 year old daughter's bow.  Or, I'll spend 2 weeks hunting bear with my flintlock.

Week one under my belt and nothing but exercise obtained.  The last couple of days have been so smoky (terrible fires in Oregon, Washington, and California) that my lungs and eyes are burning.  With all the smoke and warm temperatures there has been little game movement.  The elk rut should be kicking in and hopefully the smoke will clear and the temps drop.  As for the deer, the big bucks have gone nocturnal and even the doe and fawn are moving very little.  Need a change in wind direction and some moisture.

51 minutes ago, elkoholic said:

Week one under my belt and nothing but exercise obtained.  The last couple of days have been so smoky (terrible fires in Oregon, Washington, and California) that my lungs and eyes are burning.  With all the smoke and warm temperatures there has been little game movement.  The elk rut should be kicking in and hopefully the smoke will clear and the temps drop.  As for the deer, the big bucks have gone nocturnal and even the doe and fawn are moving very little.  Need a change in wind direction and some moisture.

Good luck and stay safe out there! I hope those fire wind down soon.