Been a little while...

Rhino

I've had a lot going on lately.  I've been house hunting in north Mississippi to move closer to my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson (born on May 6th).  I finally found what I wanted in both location and design of house but it was sold.  I decided to use the same floor plan of that house, with a few alterations and build.  It's in a 1 street subdivision that's located fairly close to Memphis, TN (where my son lives) but out in the countryside.  There's a crop field that borders my lot's north line.  It's in beans this year.  Been doing preparation work at the Mississppi hunting club too, when time permitted.  Still trying to finish cleaning up some access roads there from a tornado.  Been running a 3 cams there but nothing real big has shown up yet on those cams.  As for the Missouri property...well so far I've made just 1 trip there this year.  Set out my 5 cams during the 3rd week of June and got all my stands ready to hunt there.  Haven't had a chance to go back to check those cams yet.  Probably won't have a chance to go to MO to check those cams until close to the end of this month.  Their archery season opened today.  I don't think the house, etc. will cut into my hunting time too much, especially during the rut but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, Strut10 said:

Congrats all around, Al !!!!!!!!!!

What lot size are you building on ??  Love to se a pic of what you're building. 

My lot is about 3/4 ac.  That's big enough for me at age 66 to maintain now.  It's the largest lot on the 1 street subdivision because it's on the outside of a bend in the street at the back.  Gives me a somewhat triangular shaped lot with a small front yard and a big back yard.  The back 14'x20' patio will have a vaulted cover, screened in, and there will be an outdoor fireplace with a TV above the mantel.  Inside, I'm going with an open floorplan.  The great room (my trophy room) will have 20' vaulted ceilings.  Plenty of room for trophies.

1 hour ago, Rhino said:

My lot is about 3/4 ac.  That's big enough for me at age 66 to maintain now.  It's the largest lot on the 1 street subdivision because it's on the outside of a bend in the street at the back.  Gives me a somewhat triangular shaped lot with a small front yard and a big back yard.  The back 14'x20' patio will have a vaulted cover, screened in, and there will be an outdoor fireplace with a TV above the mantel.  Inside, I'm going with an open floorplan.  The great room (my trophy room) will have 20' vaulted ceilings.  Plenty of room for trophies.

Sounds like a sweet setup !!!!

Can't wait to see pics !!!

Best of luck in Missouri.

• 2 weeks later...